Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Leev

Free Modifications

cruise control and light foot aceleration aloong with shifing at a normal sepped and not reving up poast 3.5k rpms that will help you get good milage thats what ive been doing when im not racing lol when im racing its 2nd gear at 50 mph lol

dude wat up thats true when u say that race=low MPG higher FUN but hey i see that u have an 87 4runner any modes done 2 it cause my dad has one and we cant find any performance parts at all dude if u have any ideas on it it would be appreciated :smile:

Did you notice a difference when you ported the throttle body?

meh... only done it to my n/a, not that much power there anyway, so i doubt it.

i had it off, and had time to kill, so why not lol.

i got a little o.c.d. in me, heat, airflow, chrome thats not shiny (has finger prints on it) it all bugs me.

every little bit helps.

(i prolly got .5-1 more mpg lol)

hey guys i found a great little mod today and all you have to do is remove a nut!!!

here is the go, looking at your throttle body you will notice there are two butterflys and by opening the throttle you will see that the top one opens a bit then hits on a little fine thread bolt that opens the larger secondary butterfly now remove the fine thread bolt take the little nut off and reinsert the bolt tightly, this causes the larger butterfly to open earlier and at full throttle it opens completly, when driving the a very slight increase can be felt between 2000 and 3500 rpm.

hope this helps

thats a VERY old mod. like we were doing that in the 90's. lol

as you put it, mosre times then not, it would actually lose power. if you just screw the screw down without keep an eye on the butterflys, then it will actually open the upper butterfly too much, and start to partially close it. so it would be a restriction, not an improvement.

the ATX equipped cars have an even better option. on the ATX the upper butterfly is bigger, which is the primary one. and the secondary is smaller. ont he MTX cars, its the opposite.

trying to revive this because all i have on is a cone filter on and i need more power! i'm not even being greedy my 0-30 takes forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr but it sounds nice if i pedal-to-ground. so um any suggestions? i'll even take a little more costly than free lol if i gotta go up to 200 i will!

pacesetter header, 2.25 exhaust, e3 plugs, wires, and my do-it-urself c.a.i.

my mx6 isn't nearly as gittyup and go like me 89 PGT, but its allot better than stock :biggrin:

pacesetter header, 2.25 exhaust, e3 plugs, wires, and my do-it-urself c.a.i.

my mx6 isn't nearly as gittyup and go like me 89 PGT, but its allot better than stock :biggrin:

i don't think they make the pacesetter for the 88 626 i'm gonna look for 2.2l engine instead of make and model

and to the guy who suggested msd blaster, whats it do i found some great prices online

i don't think they make the pacesetter for the 88 626 i'm gonna look for 2.2l engine instead of make and model

then how do i have one? lol

88-92 mazda 626 / mx6 2.2L

89-92 ford probe 2.2L

as long as its a F2 motor, the pacesetter header for the ford probe fits right up.

heres the expensive company link

http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/headers_detail.php

look under ford probe

part# 70-1060

i got mine on ebay for 136$

yeah i found the ford probe one right after i posted that lol

and it sounds great, i used my favorite research tool (youtube) and got to see and hear what its like

now time to hunt on ebay o.o

ive got a b2200 2.2 f2 long block i got 250 at the wheels

Do you have a dynosheet saying 250 WHP on a F2?

I'd like to see some proof of that! :rolleyes:

Do you have a dynosheet saying 250 WHP on a F2?

I'd like to see some proof of that! :rolleyes:

cosign lol wanna see that

Cool, how did you made it do 11 000+ rpm?

hopes and dreams

i was ganna make a new thread.. but i didn't think it was that important..

i saw this idea from "gavin" a mod on mx6.com, i dont rember the link so ill just get to it.

zip tied brake lines.

sounds sketchy? i never thought so cause i love free mods, but lets explain...

in theory this makes perfect sense, zip ties, one after another, crisscross pattern along the length of rubber brake line, both front, or front and back. keep the rubber from "flexing", much like the stainless steel braid lines, but at barley 1/4th the cost.

i chose just front for now, heres what it looks like.

img-286920-1-0512091912.jpg

img-286920-2-0512091913.jpg

and after i chose to wrap the caliper side in heat reflect tape, then zip tied secure, mostly to keep out dirt and stuff, but to shield the nylon ties from brake heat and dust.

img-286920-3-0512091917.jpg

_IMPORTANT_

im not saying this is AS GOOD AS s.s. lines, or am i saying you should do this...

i AM saying, ive done this, and i feel A BIT of an improvement, not too shabby when i didn't spend 1 dime.

:biggrin:

the zip tie mod is actually an very typical mod from like 10 years ago. you can do it to your clutch line also. but its been fazed out by cheaper braided brake lines then they used to be.

i know some mid 90's dodge dakotas had this from the factory

hah!

well damn, i thought i was being cool. lol

well most of the stuff you're doing is cool. I really wish you could get some dyno numbers to see how much its paying off. Ive been thinking about doing the zip tie trick for a while now(ever since the first time i saw it on the dakota like 3 years ago) but all the old heads i work with said it would be a waste of time.

well most of the stuff you're doing is cool.

thanks!

I really wish you could get some dyno numbers to see how much its paying off.

you and me both man...

ill tell you this, all the weight drop is AMAZINGLY noticeable...and the engine mods make it that much better.

i cant have more than...140hp to the wheels...even that is prolly too much a guess...but the feeling of taking 30mph canyon roads at around 75mph...

thats a feeling all its own.

I saw somewhere that you can increase power levels on the F2T in an afternoon, but not seeing any of that info here. 

eBay has 3/8" exhaust flanges for us now, so making an new downpipe is a no brainer.  

Is there a 'best place'  to put your boost gauge hose on the engine side?  

Quickest easiest way to remove the Beep and fuel cut off when I hit 12.5 PSI?

EBC makes Yellow pads for the 626 now, and they ROCK!

Anybody putting in additional oil coolers?  PWR Water to Air barrels for that long ride back to the intake manifold?