Where Should I Post My Build?

Hello everyone,

I am going to document and photograph my car's transformation from a 93 Mazda Cronos 2.0L I4 ATX to a 2.5L KLZE V6 MTX and before I start posting picture links and bits of information I have to go with them I would like to find out if this is the appropriate forum for this kind of a build.

Any advice on picture hosting would be appreciated, I can reduce image size in Photoshop so my pics arent 1.5megs in size easier download easier upload.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im at the wiring bit right now I have to go to my storage unit and get the KLZE wiring harness I didn't take many pics yet but I will. I have a bunch of stuff high and low resolution pics so far but I haven't gotten around to uploading them yet.

I'm gonna Post parts as I find em, I have 10 boxes of stuff to go through.

These are gonna replace my Stock Struts get some better traction around corners I hope.

img-271126-1-K-sportCoiloversInBoxTopView1.jpg

K-Sport USA Kontrol Pro's not too fancy but not junk either.

Next up is this little goody I found in a box inside a box. It's brand new even if it is 5 years old.

img-271126-2-CosmoFPRsmall.jpg

Cosmo FPR comes with hoses and clamps, it's not braided stainless and an fittings but for $150 it's a hell of a deal.

Got some Outlaw Engineering Pheno's for my KLZE as well.

img-271126-3-PhenolicSpacerandGasketsSmall.jpg

Found a crack in one of them I'm gonna have to fix it. What do you think would work best?

img-271126-4-CrackedSpacerShot2Small.jpg

Same cracked piece flipped over:

img-271126-5-CrackedSpacerShot1Small.jpg

That's all for today folks

Here are a few more parts I found during my search:

I am gonna use this ECU the KL01 but it's getting a Probinator KLZE Chip, I prefer it to the JE50 and KL31 because it's cheaper and NO SPEED LIMITER :P

img-271175-1-KL01ECU.jpg

Here is the VAF to go with the ECU:

img-271175-2-VAFKL02.jpg

Here is what came out yukky:

img-271175-3-FS02ECU.jpg

This is gonna help around the corners with those coil overs I believe:

img-271175-4-AddacoSwaybar.jpg

Sweet huh?

These are the tools I am using to do all my mechanical work.

img-271175-5-ToolsIwillbeUsing.jpg

That's all for today folks. I'm gonna post some pics of my Home made Urethane filled mounts and reconditioned brackets. Why spend money on parts that can be repaired instead of replaced with the same junk you are gonna use any how well unless you wanna get Polyurethane mounts but by all means go ahead I spent $70 to recondition all my motor mounts and mounting brackets.

How much did the Ksports run you?

I got them off the 2nd bulk buy ever on probetalk.com 4 years ago. $834 + 91 for tax and customs fees.

The only thing I need now is a front and rear strut tower bar and a tranny saver, traction bars and moog endlinks then my suspension should be complete.

For the motor I need a CAI some OBX headers a bosal high flow cat and a bosal exhaust and the Chip for my ecu. My chevy truck which had a 5.7L only had dual 2.25 exhaust so I figure the 2" diameter cat back with a high flow cat should be plenty until I turbo or No2 the engine.

• 2 weeks later...

So here is what I had to start with:

img-272141-1-93Mazda626CronosDriversSideFullLeng.jpg

I pulled the engine out 4 years ago but this big heavy bastard was still in it when I took off the hood last month.

img-272141-2-93Mazda626CronosEngineBayNoInline4.jpg

I pulled the drivers side fender and found this god awful rust:

img-272141-3-SideViewLongRustRuler.jpg

img-272141-4-BottomofLongRust.jpg

I removed the cross member's and broke this sucker off.

img-272141-5-BrokenFastener2.jpg

It also broke the weld on the nut a bit so I have to cut my lower rad support apart to get at it.

I think I deleted the pic of the empty engine bay I will have to take another one. I already swapped the engine wiring harness for the V6 harness I got with the KLZE.

I contacted Outlaw Engineering and they are gonna get me another IM spacer for $10 + $5 shipping.

Ya I bought the car in 2003 so I have had it 5 years, Bosal Stainless Cat back (Ford Probe Part) is on it's way should have it in a week. Just ordered some Reactive Plug wires the red and yellow ones. I am going to do this rebuild once and once only so it's got to be bang on the first time. I filled my Mounts with 3M Window Weld, so far front, rear and drivers side They have been curing for a few days I am going to exacto the excess and sand/prime the mounts this weekend.

I just had my Paypal payment on the Exhaust refunded Im kinda pissed off I called to check stock on the item so I dont know WTF is going on.

So there are no Bosal Stainless Cat Back exhausts left in north America sad really.

But Dan [sAC] from probetalk came to my rescue, he got me the hook up on some Bosal Ceramic Coated headers and a MSD 6AL ignition control module.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a while.....

So here is the engine bay with the Brake Booster and Clutch Master Cyl Block off plate Removed.

img-273701-1-EmptyBayV6WiringHarness.jpg

Here is the new (to me) MTX Brake Booster and Clutch Master Cyl.

img-273701-2-MTXBrakeMasterCylinderandClutchMast.jpg

This is the V6 Wiring Harness

img-273701-3-V6WiringHarness.jpg

Poly Filled Engine Mounts They haven't been cleaned or re-painted yet.

img-273701-4-PolyFilledMountsUnPainted.jpg

Here is some random shit in my baby barn. I wish I had a garage and a lift :(

img-273703-1-Parts1.jpg

img-273703-2-Parts3.jpg

img-273703-3-Parts4.jpg

img-273703-4-Parts5.jpg

img-273703-5-Parts6.jpg

The body work in the previous posts is going to cost $600 to repair. I had a battery burst in the trunk as well I haven't lifted the carpet to check but I bet it looks bad. I also have rust on the inside of the drives door sill before the B pillar and After the A pillar right where the trunk and gas tank controls are, it isn't bad but has to be replaced. It's odd the rocker panels are in awesome shape. I have a Stainless Steel Borla Cat back on the way, as well as new inner tail lights and a new Pheno Spacer.

So I figured I would totally rape the people on dial up with this last update enjoy.

I am gonna drop everything in the car in a month or less, I am just waiting for a few checks to come in so I can buy bolts and stuff, I want to replace every rusted bolt with stainless steel hardware and anti seize if I have to replace something I don't want to f**k around with it.

It doesn't really matter if it's inside. Any type of humidity or moisture that touches those parts will have an affect. If you have a dehumidifier, then you probably wouldn't have to worry about it so much. I'd be more worried about the crank and the block. Just put the parts in a large garabage bag (or wrap them in plastic, w/e works) and that should help a lot. Last thing you need is another delay.

Of course, if you already have to get the crank turned and the block worked on then I don't think it'll matter...

It doesn't really matter if it's inside. Any type of humidity or moisture that touches those parts will have an affect. If you have a dehumidifier, then you probably wouldn't have to worry about it so much. I'd be more worried about the crank and the block. Just put the parts in a large garabage bag (or wrap them in plastic, w/e works) and that should help a lot. Last thing you need is another delay.

Of course, if you already have to get the crank turned and the block worked on then I don't think it'll matter...

I have another KLZE assembled at my storage unit attached to a MTX which is going into my car. That block is the N2O retardo motor I am going to build.