626ofAll

Cabin Air Filter?

42 posts in this topic

Glad you enjoyed my novella of a post. LOL

What a bummer that your 626 hasn't got it! Would be curious to see if your son's 626 has one. and weird about the Tribute...

As for my manual...nada. I was left to my own devices to

A) Discover that there was such a thing as a cabin air filter,

B) Read posts to find out of my car had one, and

C) Figure out where it was and how to change it.

Oh well. If my post didn't help you then hopefully some other poor, lost soul in search of a cabin air filter might find proper guidance from my pics and stuff. :P

Any idea how to get email notifications when people respond in a thread that you've posted in?

Go to "My Settings" and then "Notifications Options". There you'll see choices on what you want to be notified for.

"My Settings" is an option that appears when you click on the down arrow next to your name in the top left corner of this page.

Best of luck.

ive mentioned it in other threads in the past. no 626's here in the states ever got a cabin filter. most likely no 626 that was built at the flat rock assembly plant did.

That sucks...I wonder why they did that. I Also wonder why they had two completely different designs for the HVAC for the same year/make/model of car...When you say that none of the cars that came off the Flat Rock, MI assembly plant (AutoAlliance International) do you also mean that the other cars of the same time period (Ford Telstar, etc.) also never have the cabin air filter?

I'm very new to this forum, otherwise, I probably would have seen your posts about it, MonoxideChild!

Either way, at least for folks looking for the cabin air filter in 626's that DO have them, they'll hopefully find my post informative!

no telstar was ever made at flatrock. but the probe and mx6's that also came off the flatrock assembly line at the same time were not equipped with them, and share the same blower assembly also.

the reason probably just comes down to the source of the parts. obviousely mazda themselves dont make the blower assembly. and the flatrock plant probably found an american supplier, compared to the rest of the world that saw a different supplier for there assembly plant.

Probe, that's what I meant! :P

Yeah, sourcing parts would make sense. I suppose it comes down to a matter of priority. How important is it the 626's have a cabin air filter? I dunno, not very. If you can find a manufacturer, go for it. Otherwise, forget it.

id really prefer if we did have it. cause the one in my mazda6 collects some nasty garbage in it. but its really not that big of a deal. its like steering wheel controls. nice to have, but not really that big of a deal. one less filter i have to replace at least. lol

Just a quick message to Roritor, to say THANKS MATE! for your VERY helpful instructions about how to replace the cabin air filter. My car (in England) has exactly the same set-up as yours (steering on same side too!) and your information enabled me to buy the right filter and install it in about 20 minutes (including hoovering up the leaf debris that fell into the footwell).

Please keep up the good work.

Roritor hasn't been active for about 2 years now.  He was one of our most active members.  His 626 was destroyed in a really bad rear end incident but he was still very active even after that and he got a Mazda MPV to replace his 626.  One day he disappeared and we've been trying to get in touch with him since.  His sudden disappearance was very much not like him and we're all still worried about him.  We've tried many many different ways to get in touch with him.  I would love to see a reply from him too if nothing else than to let us know he's still alive. :(

1 person likes this

Thanks very much for this thread. When I ordered my service kit was surprised to see a cabin filter, this is normal on my Land Rover but never thought they were on this car. 

Anyway it was an easy change and discovered an autumn forest of dead leaves etc when i removed the the cover. The filters hadn't been changed for some time.

A difficult place to get to and see what goes where. 

I have since noticed the temperature inside the car goes too hot suddenly, could the new filter make the system run too efficiently now? 

I have the digital climate control panel with this 626. 

I did take some photos and will upload. 

Changing the cabin air filter would have nothing to do with engine coolant temperature getting hotter.  If anything it would lower temperature since the blower motor, air ducting, and heater core should be working a little more efficiently.  I'd chalk that up to a coincidence.

Oops that's my fault I read the sentence wrong.  Yes it can make the air hotter in the cabin faster now that it has improved airflow.  Now you're heater core is able to dissipate heat more efficiently.  Having a slightly lower coolant temperature and faster interior ambient temperature makes perfect sense.  Looks like you were well past time to change that cabin air filter.  From everything I've read your HVAC system is now working normally, this is the way it should have always worked. :)

By the way the coolant temp needle being a hair below middle is exactly where it should have always been.  Congratulations you're back to normal. :thumbsup:

Funny how sometimes routine maintenance items can improve the quality of your vehicle.  Something as mundane as a cabin air filter has brought your 626 back from running a tad hot.  For anyone reading this only the 98-02 European/Asian/Australian models (GF chassis) have a cabin air filter.  All North American 626's do not have a cabin air filter.

Hi Devon

When I bought this 626 it only had the two keys and I know my previous 2000 626 had a two button remote but that car did not have an alarm. 

I bought a three button fob with lock, unlock and alarm. Followed your video for setting up the key but no luck. My mechanic tested against his machine and there is a signal. 

I can only lock all doors from the drivers side at the moment, and to arm the alarm to lock the boot by turning the key to the right and disarming from the boot before going to unlock the drivers door as the alarm will go off. 

What is the problem here do you think? 

I get a flashing key light when the alarm is armed and it goes off after initial start up. 

I have a 2002 626 GSi. 

Some European 626's have alarm but no keyless entry functionality.  You can't just buy any remote and expect it to work.  It has to be paired with the transmitter frequency and there are many different versions.  Basically you have to ensure you get the correct remote.  It's not a universal remote, it operates on a specific frequency.  The only way to figure out what frequency it's using is to find the keyless entry transmitter module. 

On some European vehicles it's located behind the glove box or it could be located under the rear dash below where the 3rd high mount brake light is (have to remove the rear dash to access).  On the transmitter module will be printed the identification numbers for the correct remote fob to use with your vehicle.

Glove box on a German Left-Hand Drive Vehicle

Keyless placement.jpg

All Eastern European Keyless Entry modules were manufactured in Japan.  Every European country has their own radio frequency laws so every country has different modules.  A module for Lithuiania will be different from a module made for Sweden.

The Part # that you need to pair your remote to in this example is:  GG2M675D243

DSC_0395.JPG

On 17/01/2015 at 1:24 AM, Mazy said:

Just a quick message to Roritor, to say THANKS MATE! for your VERY helpful instructions about how to replace the cabin air filter. My car (in England) has exactly the same set-up as yours (steering on same side too!) and your information enabled me to buy the right filter and install it in about 20 minutes (including hoovering up the leaf debris that fell into the footwell).

Please keep up the good work.

ditto