Starion

Australia - For Sale Thread

69 posts in this topic

Oh god, it's SOOO NICE.

Insurance? Probably a good idea... but let's see how much $ it is.

Ha Ha good one. Leev don't worry, the thing is yours. I want to see a picture of your GT with the louvre on it. love the idea of our soon to be gone 626 spreading it's DNA.

btw I ended up donating our 626 to the Kids Under Cover charity. I imagine it'll get stripped out and the carcass crushed.

Was also distracted during the week sourcing a replacement car.

That's all done now so I can get onto working out how to deliver  the part to you

Good to hear! Yeah my hatch is very multicultural.

Turbo from Barbados, grill from Sweden, valve springs from Australia, turbo timer and boost controller shipped from Japan. Camshaft from Canada. Mudguards from Flordia.

Damn, I'd had gone for the louvre but Leev can have it.

Mallory Black, if you aren't able to get rid of the 626, would you do a part out first? I know you Aussies have some neater bits on those 626s I'd love to have. :D

Appreciate it. I've been looking for too long. Found it online and paid in full once, but then the company broke my heart and said it was discontinued.

Mallory, one more paycheck and I can likely pay you in full, if not put a down payment on the shipping at least.

Cost of the louvers + shipping exceeds the purchase price of my hatch. Pretty funny.

You know what Leev, for not much more and if you are savvy with luggage requirements, you could probably fly over here and take it back with you...

Tell you what if you can work that out I'll put you up for a week at my place and you can do the tourist on the cheap

Do a tour of some of our car collections and V8 Supercars outfits

MB

Coke R all I have now is the rims that came off the 626 turbo and MX6 turbo. They are Enkei brand made specially for Mazda

post-31095-0-66579000-1441182080.jpg

and a really good set of 14" hubcaps from when the car was stock

post-31095-0-57207800-1441182091.jpg

The rest of the car was sent to a charity here that picks it up and auctions it. I get a tax receipt that I can claim as a donation. It broke down over 60 miles from home and the cost of recovery was not worth it... so I let it go to a worthy cause! 

Here's what it looked like back in the day

post-31095-0-72713500-1441182399.jpg

post-31095-0-25349600-1441182410.jpg

Nope. With those pictures, I'll be up all night.

Those wheels look factory new....I have a set in my garage from a friends GT, but they are not polished like those. Those are like mirrors..

Coke R all I have now is the rims that came off the 626 turbo and MX6 turbo. They are Enkei brand made specially for Mazda

attachicon.gif20150823 General 010.JPG

and a really good set of 14" hubcaps from when the car was stock

attachicon.gif20150823 General 009.JPG

The rest of the car was sent to a charity here that picks it up and auctions it. I get a tax receipt that I can claim as a donation. It broke down over 60 miles from home and the cost of recovery was not worth it... so I let it go to a worthy cause! 

Here's what it looked like back in the day

attachicon.gif24feb06 Lota 009.jpg

attachicon.gif24feb06 Lota 010.jpg

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn it! Oh well, as long as it went to a worthy cause.

But please don't tell me it had a grey interior and auto adjusting suspension electronics in working order...

Next time, I'm driving a boat to Australia and taking the whole damn car with me.

It's what we call a Super Deluxe, had blue interior & power windows, air.

Still have the owners manual in fact

I really liked the car because I'm 6'1" and it was a great fit

Oh well

Super tidy S2 626 auto sedan up for grabs on Ebay in Melbourne at the moment. :thumbsup:

Mint interior, engine bay and boot.  Paint looks pretty good for a metallic colour as well - can't see any stereotypical bad paint fade

in the pics.  Looks like it has been well looked after.  Somebody buy this car!!!!! :biggrin:

post-30971-0-10529000-1446282075_thumb.j

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151866233785?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT