Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DA RIPPER

93 626 Tire Size

7 posts in this topic

just bought a 93 626 and replaced a tire and i was told i had the wrong tire size on there and that i would get better millage if i change size i have 205 35 15 on there now what is the proper tire size

The factory size is a 195/65-14. I think that the correct 15" size is 205/55-15. Hope this helps.

I couldn't find a single place with 195/65/14 and they wouldn't mount anything else, ended getting 70s and all is well just a bit wobbly but it had been a while since had driven the car. All I know is they can't be +/- 4% in difference or something like that since it would affect the speedo and odo. I really don't see why it would affect your MPG.

THANKS FOR YALL HELP !!! ILL GET THAT FIXED RIGHT NOW I FEEL EVERY BUMP IN THE ROAD FIRST THOUGHT IT WAS THE SHOCKS THEN SOMEONE TOLD ME IT WAS DA TIRES

I couldn't find a single place with 195/65/14 and they wouldn't mount anything else, ended getting 70s and all is well just a bit wobbly but it had been a while since had driven the car. All I know is they can't be +/- 4% in difference or something like that since it would affect the speedo and odo. I really don't see why it would affect your MPG.

When I had my 4 banger and I ran the stock tires, I ran 195/70R14 and believe it or not, it corrected the speedometer. The 15's stock size is 205/55R15. If you're not big on driving the car hard and just need a tire, then you can run the 195/60R15 or a 205/60R15. I'd run the 205/60 because it fills in the wheel gap and 2, it corrects the speedometer. I hope this helps