My626isTrouble

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement

6 posts in this topic

I have 1998 626 V6. I got code P0340 which means the camshaft sensor might need to be replaced. I already checked the alternative possibilities (Crankshaft, wiring..etc) and they seem fine. I checked the resistance of my camshaft sensor and compared it to that of a working one, my sensor seems to be an open circuit!

Anyway, my question is this "How am I supposed to replace it". I don't want to take it to a mechanic, because they asked for $1000 ! I have the piece, and the tools, I just need some extra information so I don't ruin my vehicle.

Thanks guys !

When you take the timing belt off, take the rear camshaft sprocket off too and it's right there

K, let me get this straight .. I've been doing some research and it seems that I need to remove

-P/S Oil pump

-driving belt and pulley

-Timing belt

-Timing pulley

Does that sound about right ? cuz if that's the case , then it seems like a week's project !

I think it will be more appropriate for you to search car parts online. That is what I did when I needed to replace my camshaft sensor. Anyways, I ordered online and had my dad fixed the problem. Better find a good mechanic or befriend a mechanic as well. :)

felpro

I have 1998 626 V6. I got code P0340 which means the camshaft sensor might need to be replaced. I already checked the alternative possibilities (Crankshaft, wiring..etc) and they seem fine. I checked the resistance of my camshaft sensor and compared it to that of a working one, my sensor seems to be an open circuit!

Anyway, my question is this "How am I supposed to replace it". I don't want to take it to a mechanic, because they asked for $1000 ! I have the piece, and the tools, I just need some extra information so I don't ruin my vehicle.

Thanks guys !

Got the same code and have been searching all week for a wiring diagram. I used Alldata and found one, but the wiring diagram didn't have a legend and wasn't colored.

I think it will be more appropriate for you to search car parts online. That is what I did when I needed to replace my camshaft sensor. Anyways, I ordered online and had my dad fixed the problem. Better find a good mechanic or befriend a mechanic as well. :)

felpro

I'm sure he has it fixed...after all, it WAS 3 YEARS AGO!!