Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
chaplain

How To Remove 2001 626 Hu

Help!!!! Please - I have a 2001 Mazda 626. I need help removing it so i can replace it with a new one. I have no idea how to remove the 2001 unit. I have read all th eblogs, they still didnt tell me how to remove the HU. Please let me know as the instructions on Installation Doc doesnt apply to the newer models of 626

First off, you will needhttp://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?cpncode=11-35670809-2&dest=9999999997&product_id=870835&sourceid=1500000000000003129160&srccode=cii_9324560' rel="external">

2 sets of Ford Din Removal Tools

(or some sturdy "u" shaped metal (coat hanger might work))

Step one:

You will need to remove the two side panels shown in the picture.

img-256197-1-DSC00894.jpg

Step two:

You will need to put two of the tool in the shown place on both sides (only one side is shown in the pic)

you may have to bend the tool inward a little to get it in. Push it in until it lock.

img-256197-2-DSC00900.jpg

so, it should look like this when it's in

img-256197-3-DSC00896.jpg

and like this from the side view

img-256197-4-DSC00897.jpg

Step three:

Pull outwards on the tools and the head unit should come out with ease. If it doesn't (like what happened to me), I had to take out with a flat-head screw driver to pull it out and I dented the side of the dashboard a little. I think the previous owner tried to remove they and messed up the sides on the head unit. If anyone has a problem, just let me know and I'll try to help you out.

Dude if you got a Car toys, they will pull it and put in your new one, wire it up and such for 50 bucks. I had to bring mine there because a pin was bent wrong.. So they had to take off half my dash, and since they quoted me for 30min, i was only charged for 30 min. And if yours isnt stuck they usually take it out for free. (takes like 20 seconds)

I NEED HELP! I have a 2001 mazda 626 and I cant get the stock HU out. I bought only 1 set of ford din removal tool. I get the left side loose but the right side is giving me a headache. On the right side the tool doesn't even grasp anything. I can't get the right side to pop. So, today I was trying and trying and I gave up since I had to go to work. I started my car but the stereo wount turn on or anything?????????? I checked the fuse but it was fine. WHAY HAPPEN? CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME ON BOTH QUESTIONS

Thanks

I NEED HELP! I have a 2001 mazda 626 and I cant get the stock HU out. I bought only 1 set of ford din removal tool. I get the left side loose but the right side is giving me a headache. On the right side the tool doesn't even grasp anything. I can't get the right side to pop. So, today I was trying and trying and I gave up since I had to go to work. I started my car but the stereo wount turn on or anything?????????? I checked the fuse but it was fine. WHAY HAPPEN? CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME ON BOTH QUESTIONS

Thanks

Yea, I had this happen to me, the pins (the things hat secure it in) have been bent. you can do it yourself, take about three hours by yourself, or just take it to Car toys, and they will charge you about 45$... and they will hook up your new one free of charge!!

And about it not turning on, you might have pulled out a cord when trying to pull it out half way... or maybe it has a antitheft device and when its not in all the way it wont turn on?

i have the same problem my friend. but i got mine out without a din tool or a car toys lol

i pulled off the face of the stereo lol C=

it works easy bc u can get it off with a flat head lol

but if it doesn't turn bacc on maker sure al wires are securely plugged in and push on the face of the stereo

in the "VOL/pushPOWER" spot and the "TUNE/pushAUDIO" spot and it should work fine

2001 removed OEM stereo and replaced with another OEM stereo.

I had a heck of a time getting mine out. I ended up pulling the face off and bending the metal up pretty good. I used the tools but they just didn't work. As hard as I tried I could not get it out. I replaced it because the digital face was not showing the time and the station it was on. And wouldn't you know it the new one has the same problem just not as bad. ahhhh. oh well $30 and 1 hour down the drain.

WOW September 2019 - I have a 2001 Mazda 626 GL (Capella) Sedan with the OEM Aerpro HU. Haven't seen any posts that show this HU and how to remove. I'm installing a Bluetooth unit with AUX for all the devices I have.

I'll take some pics and let you know how I go. I decided because the car is old that I would leave the original HU in and hide the tech out of site - who wants to steal a HU that has a tape deck & CD player :)

626_ford.jpg?itok=EQelqTGI

The BT unit is a Dension Gateway Lite BT - GBL3MA1

On 9/25/2007 at 5:04 PM, chaplain said:

Help!!!! Please - I have a 2001 Mazda 626. I need help removing it so i can replace it with a new one. I have no idea how to remove the 2001 unit. I have read all th eblogs, they still didnt tell me how to remove the HU. Please let me know as the instructions on Installation Doc doesnt apply to the newer models of 626

Maybe here:  Workshop Manual