Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lewisb01

Difference Between Es And Lx Model

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have 2002 Mazda 626 but I dont know what model it is. On the VIN checks it says ES/LX

The car has leather, V6w/auto tranny, moon roof, power driver seat, alloy wheels front side air bags.

The car has all the features of a ES but there is no ES or LX badge on the back of the car.

I'm trading the car in and I'm looking for some full proof on what car I have it's a $500 diff in trade.

Ask Mazda to verify in writing only the ES has leather and a sun roof.

Wouldn't your car registration indicate what trim the car is?

I thought registration would say that to but it doesn't. I have the same problem with my 626, i've determined that because mine had all the amenities (leather, moon roof power everything etc etc) that it is an ES. LX i think is your base model with a V6.

Yeah, as far as I understand it leather seats and all the extra goodies indicate ES - at least, mine have em and similar model LX's don't.

Ask Mazda to verify in writing only the ES has leather and a sun roof.

That must be true for 98+ only? My friend has a 95 LX-V6 with leather and a sun roof.

No, I have seen 98 and newer LX's that are equipped like my ES. You could get sunroof, leather, ABS, TCS, alloys wheels, V6 and whatnot on them. The only way I know to tell for sure if a car is an ES is by the wood grain insert around the shifter and center stack (not a tacky stick-on wood kit), and the power driver's seat. Even the Bose stereo was available on LX-V6 models I think. I have seen LX-V6's with them in them, 98-99's anyways.