Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr8S1

Transmission Lines Id And Od Size?

6 posts in this topic

I need to buy some new Transmission Oil Cooler lines and need to know mainly the ID size, is it 3/8 or 5/16 or 1/2 inch? Does anyone know? I'm replacing some of the rubber lines.

Wish I could help, but just wanted to let you know I finally updated the transmission cooler install thread with the pics you sent. Thanks and good luck!

check autozones web sit they have a parts list search

When I added the external cooler on my 98', the kit came with the following info:

'...Use 11/32" I.D. transmission oil cooler hose. DO NOT use fuel line. If replacement or additional hose is required, use transmission cooler replacement hose or equivalent. Hose must withstand a miniumum 150 psi working pressure and 250 degrees F temperature.'

On the hose are these words and numbers:

'8005278 MADE IN USA......... CS080304 Z500'

The outer diameter seems to be about 5/8". I hope this helps. :smile:

I used 3/8" id on mine and it's ok. If you can find the 11/32" use that since that is the correct size. Trouble may be in finding this size in some of the automotive stores.

Thank you all so much.

Checking out ID sizes,(I used a template) 3/8 is closer to 11/32 ID than 5/16th ID. I just got Gates 3/8 Trans cooler line hose.I guess I'll keep it. They don't make it in 11/32.

I'll be getting a Hayden cooler soon.

I'll change the Atx fluid, or as much as possible before I install the Trans Oil Cooler.

Good idea? (I change it annualy now). :smile: