Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
626 on 20's

626 On 20 Inch Rims

I am the first 626 of my body style to have 20 inch rims (that i know of) if i were to lift it some more for 22's what would be tha best rims to look 4? ( i'm liking Davins Street Spins but they are very EXPEN$IVE)

img-223496-1-2186003_76_full.jpg

For more PicsMy Cardomain Page

I am the first 626 of my body style to have 20 inch rims (that i know of) if i were to lift it some more for 22's what would be tha best rims to look 4? ( i'm liking Davis Street Spins but they are very EXPEN$IVE)

Car looks Sick on 20's look better if u could drop it a bit more to much of a gap but down south they all look like that :blink: lol not ova north the lower the better

MAD PROPS tho

I'm sorry sir, but you are not the first....lol

Also most people on the site will flame you for the 20s so 22s...stand by...but it will be hard to find a 22" for the 6, because thats 6" bigger than stock... But you need to get something you like...and hopefully you are ballin, because if you put 22s on, you will need to get a big brake kit...if not you won't need spinners to keep spinnin...

im sure those rims are worth twice as much as that car lol i dont get why people put those rims on craptastical cars..... i mean if it was me and i had that mouch money to spend i would just buy another car but that's just my opinion

Yeah, 20's are just excessive. Sixteen inches makes the car look normal to me. The problem with most people is that they put on the huge wheels but don't realize some negative effects if they don't know what they are doing. I imagine if you cannot stay within the same height as the stock wheel and tire combo, the speedometer would be off. The brakes also need to be upgraded as someone said.

it is good to see you 626 on 20's. car looks good and if you can do 22's than you will definately be the first with 22's. but I know a place where you can get 22's with tires and shipped for about $2300. gotta ride big to make the six look right. its a big car so you need to get big rims.

need to drop it a bit

looks to high

I want to know if anyone with any pictures of a 626 with this body style that has 20's because i've seen a few of the newer body style with 20's but none in this style (thats why i said that i know of) but if one know a link or has any pictures let me know

looks good man just drop it and it will look sweet and yea everyone on here will bash yu so dunt listen to them just do wat yuu like

he is the first that I've seen with 20's. I live in VA and I saw one guy 2 weeks ago with 20s and a 97 626 but 626 on 20's is the first that I've seen in that body style. Looks good my man and be the first to do 22's.

The 626 isnt a big car. Its a mid-size sedan. The 929 is a fullsize sedan and a huge car at that. Huge rims MIGHT look alright on that. Putting 22's on a 626 is completely impractical. The tires on 20" rims are thin enough. If you spend $2300+ on 22" rims, you will most likely bend them in a short amount of time anyway. I agree with DJ_Sachmo...

he is the first that I've seen with 20's. I live in VA and I saw one guy 2 weeks ago with 20s and a 97 626 but 626 on 20's is the first that I've seen in that body style. Looks good my man and be the first to do 22's.

That is a 97 bodystyle

I think FizSRP did 20s on Faye, then took them off. I don't think he had pics.

Sorry, but this thread made me laugh. This is the type of car that the person puts so much money into making thier car stand out with rims and tires and has no problem with it. Then, in the same breath will complain that they just spent $50 to fill the gas tank. :P

I think they look to large for the car, 18's to me look perfect for an upgrade on this car.

But, as already said, to each his own 626.

TomK

This just reminds me of the whole Chris Rock comedy skit where he is making fun of (specifically black people, but I know lots of others just as bad) people spendin' their money on rims - "Put a toaster on 22s!"

To each his own, but I hate the bling look. Subtle but different all the way for me. That and I just have to laugh at someone who's car is nicer than their home, or are in government assisted housing but have an expensive car (see it all the time). You can't afford a house on your own or need food stamps, but you can buy a car and put $1500+ tires and rims on it... makes perfect sense.

Psychotic_images - I calculated the tire speed for my old tires on the 626 and the stock tires on the 6 to make sure my speed wouldn't change. Here's what I found. The difference between a 205/50-16 (~.1" different than stock 626 tire) and 205/60-16 (stock 2006 6i sedan) tire is about a 1.5" difference, making the speed different by 4 miles an hour at 60, so I image there is a huge speed difference between the stock size on a 626 and the tire size of a tire for a 20" rim unless you have no tire. But performance would drop nevertheless.

Yeah the twentys are overkill, I think 19s are the biggest I would go with, there are a couple people on this site with 19s and they look pretty good but 17s and 18s are big enough for me. Yeah defintely drop it, I could stick my leg off in that fender gap, lol :biggrin: but it would probably scrub beyond control if it was dropped. Theres a guy up the road from me with a newer prelude (97-02) with 20x7s and its dropped and actually looks pretty decent. As every else has stated, to each their own.

I know my ride is high (its lifted) i live in tha south and we ride high and BIG rims on everything... I don't really like tha fast and furious look on any car in my opinion its makes cars look like a cartoon or toy... I really never had plans to put 22's it was an idea... but i would seriously consider it... and for everyone who says 18's are the limit for them.... I had 18's and I wanted bigger so i stepped up tha game to bigger than i had ever seen on a car like mine...so do what every you like

No, I don't like riding low, I don't see the point in lowering cars(just to sit and think about tearing up the bottom of the car going over bumps or in driveways), most people lower their car to make their little rims look big, why :blink: ? You may as well just buy bigger rims

It isn't always just to make the rims look bigger, it is to make them suit the car better - less space between the fender and tire.

I don't know much else, I've never lowered my car. I think cars look better when they look sleeker, and they look sleeker and sexier when they are closer to the ground. Not "holy crap I bottomed out" close, but close.

I also have a car because I want something powerful but gets decent mpg as well - bigger rims have diminishing return, and weight hurts acceleration and mileage too.

I had a 95 that was lowered with 17's and it was cool but I got tired of riding low and it did f*ck up my suspension.

img-224105-1-car5.jpg

Then I put the 17's on my gold 6 and was way too small. so I stepped it up to 20's and I think it looks great because the car is too big for 16's and 17's. You might as well keep the stock 15's. My MPG didnt change with the 17's and 20's. go big or go home.

img-224105-2-727328_28_full.jpg

18 inches and up no sittin on minors. think about it

i've never seen a 93-97 on 20's...it's looks cool but it needs to be lowered....i saw you on cardomain and i thought you posted on my page but now your comment is gone...i have a 94 dropped 2"'s with coilovers on 19x8's and they don't rub at all at anytime ;) ...i had 4 sets of 18's and they looked good...i think the 19's are perfect with the drop

img-224241-1-805247_23_full.jpg

img-224241-2-805247_19_full.jpg