Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sixseriescsi

Mazda 626 Fault Codes

13 posts in this topic

I had the codes on my 2000, Inline 4, Automatic, Mazda 626 checked two came up.

Anyone in here replaced the speed sensor? I need to replace it, Where is it located, inside or outside the Transmission? Where can purchase the speed sensor? Also I have a really rough idle, I mean rough, could the speed sensor be causing this? The other code was for a possible bad CAT Convertor, which of the two is cauing the rough idle, I figure the speed sensor has to do with the shifting characteristics, but what about the rough idle? Anyone here ever had an idle problem?

Anyone out there know where I can find some more information on this speed sensor issue? Any thoughts?

When was the last time you did a tune-up on the car? My 97 was running and idling rough, and I replaced plugs, wires, rotor, and dist. cap, and it fixed the problem tremendously.

-Jon

According to my program, it's on top of the transaxle. Here is a diagram. It quotes: Measure resistance between both terminals. It should come out to 253-604 ohms. If not, replace it. Good luck...

-Jon

img-203898-1-TSS.jpg

JonJ, for what year and engine is your diagram for ? I also need to ckeck my P0715 input turbine speed sensor om ny 1997 V6 auto.

Twiggy-

I figured it out. V6's have the G4. Here is the diagram for yours. Same ohms as listed above... I just notced this is for the F4. The G4 is supposedly similar...

-Jon

img-204163-1-G4TSS.jpg

YW! Let me know how it works for you... I'm anxious to see how accurate this OnDemand5 Software is..

-Jon

The Trans Axle? Can somepone pinpoint that out for me? I belive I found it, it rests on top Transmission, by the vertical oil pan. -_-

Update

In reference to JonJ picture above, here is my update. ( I know this is a 2.0l topic, but anyways...)

On my 1997 V6, I removed the air filter box, the battery and the battery tray to try accessing the turbine speed sensor. Only then, I visually located the sensor: it is in between the fuel filter and the engine/transmission mount. It can be visually seen from above, when the air filter box is removed. I was able to remove the sensor from there. No need to remove the battery and tray. I also unbolted and moved aside ( 2 small nuts) the cruise control unit for better access. I tested the TSS ( turbine speed sensor). The specs calls for 355 ohm impedance at 20 deg celsius. I measured 354 ohms: right on the nose!

I cleaned the contacts, and reinstalled the TSS. Dont know why the CEL was tripped with code P0715. Hope it will not come back.

The Trans Axle? Can somepone pinpoint that out for me?

Transaxle is just a term to describe a transmission that contains both the transmission and differential components etc. all in one case ;) This is common in Front engine - front drive or Rear Engine - Rear Drive applications... Its nice for the mfr because they put together the engine/clutch or TC/transaxle and then drop it into the car and slide in the halfshafts (no need to fuss with a diff and shaft). BUT, the term is used loosely - so if used improperly... no one really cares :P

http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+t...:en-US:official

Just for anyone still curious :P