Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
robbyracer

Automatic Seatbelts

Hey does anyone know how to disable the automatic seatbelts in the 626???

I want to lock them into the "back" position and use them manually. I have a soft surf rack but I can't use it because it goes through the inside of the car and once it's on the straps interfere with the belst coming back.

Thanks

Robb

you could always undo and redo the belt on them, if it is detachale from that, also there might be a fuse for them

Thanks for the reply. I need the sliding part to stay put so it won't interfere with the straps for the rack. I'll have to find the fuse but I hope that's the only thing on it.

my guess is you'd be without power locks and windows on the side you pull the fuse on

but if its not on all the time then it shouldn't be too bad

you could also try to see if there is some mechanical part you could disconnect, but i'd think that if you did something like that, it wouldn't be locked into place, it would just be loose

This is what you do. Either take off the lower part covering the seatbelt, or pop off that little cover where you can manually crank the belt. Taking off the big cover is a lot easier when it comes time to disconnect the cable. Now you're going to see a blue and white wire I believe with a white connector. Disconnect it and it should disable the seatbelts from moving forwards. I'll double check my shop manual, but that should be the one. Good luck! :smile: