Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonku

My Mazda 95' 626 Vs. Honda 2000 Accord

10 posts in this topic

So my friend has a 2000 Accord thinking he is all bad ass with the 2.3 Litre VTEC Engine in it with the basic mods: Spark Plugs, Exhaust, Air intake, Body kit. He is boasting on saying he has so much hoarse power like around 200 (which is bullshit obviously) yadda yadda yadda. He has an automatic transmission by the way and so do i.... yeah i know sucks but hell it worked out just fine for this race. My car is a 1995 Mazda 626 DX with the following mods: Borla Exhaust/Headers (the one that u see all over the net for like 500$ for the xhaust and 350$ for the headers), I got an apc air intake, Accel 8.8MM spark plug wires, 3A Racing Muffler, Hi-Flow Magnaflow catalytic converter. So we are driving down this road and I look over and he starts revin his engine up. So acourse I do the same. So here we are 2 imports revin engines up. The light turns green and he does the all mighty neutral drop. I didnt do it. So he does his pill out yadda yadda and takes off so I decide I will catch up to him. We both slow down to a 20MPh drive and we line up as we driving... he punches it and with my slow reaction speed probaly about a sec later im like "o shit" haha. I remember reading all over the net (mainly this site) with alot of people beating honda's ect... so i go for it. I punch it drop to 1st and we are cruising at the same , i put it in 2nd, start to take the lead, put it in drive and bam Im taking his car no problemo. All i gotta say is that im proud of my little DX! (the lowest grade one out there taking on the highest grade Honda accord before u get the V6 version!) Haha man o man u shouldnt seen the look on his face. So we get to a light. He starts revin up again and i do the same. This time we both do the neutral drop. He takes me off the line no problem acourse. So im about half a car behind him and yet again! The same thing happens, I take him no problem. Either he cant drive worth shit or my little car is quicker then a 2000 Honda Accord 4cylinder :-P. O yeah he ended up getting a ticket the next day going down the same road at the same time we raced and got his car impounded and had to go spend a few weeks in jail for racing. Hahahaha , he wont be driving that Honda for a good couple years until he gets his license back. :-P :-P :-P

well, don't do a nuetral drop again, its very bad for your tranny. and not worth a race.

also the fact that you have a dx might mean that you are a little lighter, also if he has alot of extras, then he has more wieght,

but i'd still rather ride with him on a long trip :P

Was it a 4cyl or 6cyl Accord. Cause that'd make a world of difference.

And dont do neutral drops. You'll regret it in the end.

the highest grade Honda accord before u get the V6 version!
my little car is quicker then a 2000 Honda Accord 4cylinder

:P

Do a neutral drop again and I'll beat you with your broken turbine shaft or halfshafts B) Do it two more times and I will throw your valve body through your windscreen.... Do it a third time and I won't have to do anything... there will just be a molten blob of metal because the Flying Spaghetti Monster owns ;)

the highest grade Honda accord before u get the V6 version!
my little car is quicker then a 2000 Honda Accord 4cylinder

:P

Without paragraph breaks, and what not, it's hard to read. Couldn't follow half of it. Hurt my eyes to much :smile:

Nice run.

I'm suprised the Accord didn't pull up top. Although it's a SOHC motor, The F23 is pretty impressive for it's class. And anything after 4,800RPM's VTEC is engaged.

Specifically with my Accord, VTEC engages anywhere between 4700 & 4900 RPM's, but only on the intake side.

What's a neutral drop?

For automatics, you have your car in neutral, bring up the rpm's then throw it into 1st, or drive. bad way to peel out w/ an auto, but the only way i guess. real bad for the tranny.

What's a neutral drop?

For automatics, you have your car in neutral, bring up the rpm's then throw it into 1st, or drive. bad way to peel out w/ an auto, but the only way i guess. real bad for the tranny.

lol my 626 is an auto and i dont have to do a neutral drop to "peel out". and I have quite sticky tires too. kinda suprising sometimes especially considering how much torque the stupid auto tranny is robbing.