Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vasanthd

626 Wont Start

5 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I have a problem with my 98-626-V6. My car was pretty good so far and suddenly one day it just wont start. These r the diagnosis,

- Remote entry wont work

- Lights wont work

- Display wont work

- Horn wont work

- Engine wont start

Thinking of a blown fuse, I checked the 100A main fuse. It seems to be a fine one - no blowouts.

Also my battery is a very gud one - used to start at the first instance even if started after a long duration.

What else could be the problem? Any ideas?? Last time when I parked, gas was kinda low (in reserve) in the tank. Would that be of any relation to the problem?

Thanks.

Regards,

Vasanth

What voltage do you get from the battery?

Def. a problem there... unless there is a kill somewhere(doubt it) :huh:

I dont have an equipment to check the battery voltage. Also, the cars stuck at home and cant take it to the mechanic. Is there any possibility for a fuse to go partially dead? I checked the fuse by connecting it to a bulb-battery combo and the light works. So that means the fuse is in working condition...right??

--Vasanth

yeah that means its ok when it lights up

you sure your battery isn't drained? maybe you left the lights on or something? -_-

check the terminals and cables especially where it goes to the fuse box

dont know what else it could be :huh:

My 626 auto-offs any lights and blinkers when locked completely. So I dont think it would have drained, but anyways, I will try to jumpstart it with another battery tommorow. Thanks for the responses. Meanwhile, if someone hitches upon an issue/idea, please let me know.

Thanks.

--Vasanth