Sign in to follow this  
v-6 forever

N E One Know Bodywork?

31 posts in this topic

anyone know alittle how to do bodywork or put on a body kit? i want to do this myself with a little help instead of paying shops here 500 bucks to put on a 10pc.bodykit . i am getting the automoderna shipped out to me on the 25th but dont know how long it will take to get to jersey. plus i need space to work on it--cant do it where i am at--no backyard :mellow: i have the materials just not the help--i want to come to some meets this year dammit :P j/k

i am familiar with body work just not that familiar enough to install a body kit but i know a store around here which does install body kits for a decent price just forgot how much ;)

whats up skillz :biggrin: i am gonna handle this task myself that way i get it the way i want it i can do it B) any plans on a meet soon? well count me in as long as its after may.

If u wasnt so far I would come to help out anyway I can, how long did it take for them to ship the kit out anyway? What does the new rear end look like? Hope it turns out good B)

If u wasnt so far I would come to help out anyway I can, how long did it take for them to ship the kit out anyway? What does the new rear end look like? Hope it turns out good B)

well it got shipped out on the 25th -it took a week depending on when they get the money transferred into their account. they emailed me telling me that it was shipping out then so who knows when it will actually get it here :huh:

they told me the rear is the one that is onthe red 626 also (i guess they heard alot of people didnt like the other rear bumper) ---i will post the pics when they get here now i just have to see what rims i am gonna buy-any suggestions not trying to spend too much on them though.

lol I dont even know what your car looks like :lol: wait never mind found it..... its the middle one no?img-148340-1-302805_9_full.jpg

If u gona keep it that color then go with a black 17" with pohlished lip B) I'll post some up for u as I find them.....

cant see the pic but yeah it is black...oh yeah i had the only black car at that meet! yeah i was thinking of that type too and i want something with a negative offset to stick out alittle on the side for the fender flares. 17's though? not 18's?

Well u know how NY is almost like that in NJ with pot holes no>? Thats why i said 17's cheaper to fix or replace :huh: I was trying to find wheels for u but the site that was in the links section doesnt work anymore :mellow: But I find, I know I have alot saved in my Favorites lol for that - offset u looking 4 I think 17x7 or even 7.5or 8 should do it but Iam not that great with rims :unsure:

check this shit out :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

automoderna shipped shipped it out the 25th of april ,just found out it ARRIVED IN N.Y AT JFK ON THE 5TH OF MAY....it sat at DHL for 15 days and since no one claimed it (ME),customs took it and stored it in their government warehouse where it is now!!!

the hold up and messed up part is that DHL's storage fee was 127.60 since it was there for 15days(it later was waived by a cool supervisor who said that they f----- up something but wouldnt tell me what) and now I have to get a customs broker so they can give me a customs release for the package

automoderna asked me for my number so that when it arrives in the states I can be notified ,which no one did so now I have to pay for the broker,customs fees,and for storage at the government warehouse,which so far will be another 500.00 altogether....I am so pissed off and I cant even blame anyone for this!

aww dam that sucks, they should pay for the customs fees and other fees. Do u still plan on putting this on yourself? Or u having a shop do it for u

it depends on the fitment when I get it shops here are asking 400 on up depending on how bad fitment isand they dont have any experience with automoderna kits and no-one has seen that kit for the 626 and everytime I show someone a pic of the car black all they say is :ohmy: oh sh--- :biggrin: which is good B) ,so maybe all this will be worth it :huh: ~even my girl cant wait till I get it and get all this over with

Sounds like things are shapping up well for you bro just make sure u get ur car ready for the meet :biggrin:

Yeha i wanted 2 ask u about that pic, u PSed it right? Looks mean <_< Are u putting a spoiler on it or do u have a stock one?

i was thinking no spoiler..and if it comes with the one thats in the pics,i will probably sell it, but i think it just comes with the roof spoiler over the rear window which i will probably make a mold of it and the eyelids and sell it to people with 6's and make a little dough

true, true I wounder if it would fit my 98 ;) Since the doors are the same and the rear quater panel is 2 the window might be that same 2 :huh:

well when I get it (hopefully next week) I'll measure it out for you so you can see and I should be able to make the changes~I have been working with fiberglass alot lately so it shouldnt be too hard B) p.s oh yeah laser renegade PS'ed it for me there is a thread in the appearance forum.

just got word that i will be able to pick up the kit today,but i will get it monday instead since the place closed at 4. when i get it i will post pics B)

i wont get rims till july though but I have to get my bodywork done first and right,so hopefully we can schedule a second meet later in july.