snailman153624

626 Stereo Wiring Diagram

57 posts in this topic

Ok, so since I was soldering a bunch of wires behind my dash today [installing component speakers and custom mounting the Infinity tweeters....] I figured I might as well write down the ACTUAL wiring colors in my 1994 626 V6 M/T.

The guide I used to install my radio initially was from http://www.installdr.com The pinout is correct but the colors are completely wrong, plus they leave out some optional wires. These are the wires located directly behind the radio in the dashboard.

Here is what I discovered:

Car:...........Aftermarket Radio:.............Function

blue/white......red.....................................+12V ignition [switched]

blue/red..........yellow................................+12V battery [constant]

orange............orange...............................+12V headlight switched [for dimmer function]

red/green........blue/white.........................+12V remote/power antenna lead

blue/green......white.................................Left Front Speaker (+)

blue/black.......gray..................................Right Front Speaker (+)

blue................white/black.......................Left Front Speaker (-)

blue/orange....gray/black.........................Right Front Speaker (-)

green/black.....green...............................Left Rear Speaker (+)

green/orange..green/black......................Left Rear Speaker (-)

yellow/green....purple.............................Right Rear Speaker (+) <---may have been green/yellow hard to tell

green..............purlple/black......................Right Rear Speaker (-)

The ground wire is the thicker black [may have stripe] cable with a female spade connector on the end of it.

Anyway, this should help you folks [like me] who don't have the factory harness in their cars. :huh: BTW I tested all of my amps and they all sound fantastic :biggrin:

1 person likes this

Man I love it when I find old posts of mine that end up helping ME out :lol: Wiring up the MX-6 and it too had no factory harness inside. Figured I'd solder in the radio harness while the dashboard was completely removed :unsure:

Are those the same color wires that go into the Bose Amp? or do the colours change?

The power of the internet! I was messin about for ages and searched on the net and hey presto - a magic thread about wiring a 626. Brilliant.

Many Thanx B)

I Have a 93 626 and no harness.

Do you think that these colours are the same for the 93 model? If not, do you know what the colours are?

Ne help would be great. :rolleyes:

I Have a 93 626 and no harness.

Do you think that these colours are the same for the 93 model? If not, do you know what the colours are?

Ne help would be great. :rolleyes:

Should be the same.

OK, i connected the colours and the heddeck started to work, but after wiring it all up its stopped working for some-reason.

I think iv blown a fuse because the dash clock isnt working either. Do you have the fuse diagrams for the 93 626???

:(

img-197907-1-bose_wire.jpg

A.......+12 Volt Ignition Wire

B.......+12 Volt Constant

C.......Postive Dimmer

D.......not used

E.......Power Antenna Turn On

F.......Illumination

G.......not used

H.......Remote Amp Turn On

I.......Left Front Speaker (+)

J.......Right Front Speaker (+)

K.......Left Front Speaker (-)

L.......Right Front Speaker (-)

M.......Left Rear Speaker (+)

N.......not used

O.......Leaft Rear Speaker (-)

P.......not used

Q.......Right Rear Speaker (+)

R.......Right Rear Speaker (-)

S.......not used

T.......not used

This is what I got for the stock Bose sound system in my car. Hopefully someone else can use this information...

*EDIT*

This is from a 1999 Mazda 626 ES. I don't quite know which other years/models would be compatible. If you do know, PM me and I will edit as necessary.

I have a 1989 626 without power antenna, and the wiring diagram on installdr matches *except* I have an extra wire Blue/yellow stripe. I don't know what it connects to. The wiring harness to the new stereo connets up fine and I can play CDs, but I only get white-noise for all radio! My old factory stereo had a cassette player, but when I disconnected that blue/yellow wire on the old stereo, I lost all radio.

What do I do with the blue/yellow wire to get radio reception back?

Bc

what i did in thi situation, is when i was hooking up my new stereo, i just snipped the wire clips off and spliced the speaker wires to the radio wires. (my new stereo was marked) turns out that apparently mazda used the same same wire setup for most of the 626/MX6's. worked just fine on my '88 and '91

Here is a breakdown of the wiring for a 91 626 (Which should be the same for all of them from 88-92, but what do I know?)

I've searched and searched and not found one correct list. So, I used a MultiMeter and a radio to find what each thing is.

POWER

+12V Accessory On.....................Blue with White Stripe

+5V Always On (memory)................Blue with Red Stripe

Ground................................Black

Front Speakers

Left (+)..............................Blue with Orange Stripe

Left (-)..............................Blue with Black Stripe

Right (+).............................White (may also be gray)

Right (-).............................Blue with Green Stripe

Rear Speakers

Left (+)..............................Green with Red Stripe

Left (-)..............................Green with Orange Stripe

Right (+).............................Green

Right (-).............................Green with Blue Stripe

ACCESSORIES: Extra wires

Antenna Extend........................Pale Green with Yellow Stripe

Amp Power On*.........................Blue with Yellow Stripe

Dimmer (+)............................Red with Black Stripe

* There is a small amp with an even smaller sub bass speaker underneath the front Passenger Seat in my 626 LX

1 person likes this

Hi guys...will replace my stock HU this weekend with a new one....would my 2000 lx-v6 have the same specs?

If anyone knows please tell....thanx!

1 person likes this

So, over the last couple of months I replaced all 4 speakers, and guess what, neither EIA/Scoche, Install Dr., nor the two diagrams above were accurate. Looks like every year the Mazda electricians grabbed whatever wires they had in stock.

Wiring for Mazda 626 2000 4cyl (no Bose):

POWER

+12V Accessory On.....................Blue with White Stripe

+5V Always On (memory)................Blue with Red Stripe

Ground................................Black

Front Speakers

Left (+)..............................Blue with Red Stripe

Left (-)..............................Blue with Yellow Stripe

Right (+).............................Blue with Orange stripe

Right (-).............................Blue with Black Stripe

Rear Speakers

Left (+)..............................Green with Orange Stripe

Left (-)..............................Green with Black Stripe

Right (+).............................Green

Right (-).............................Green with Yellow Stripe

Amp Power On.........................Blue with Yellow Stripe

Yes, the Amp power and Front/Left (-) are extremely similar; had the speaker wire not been wrapped in pair, it would be pretty hard to tell them apart. I think there was also a gray wire; who knows what it was (this 626 doesn't have a powered antenna/fog lights)

I'm afraid to say that the best way to be sure, is to take a look at your speaker ends. And always do phase tests after connecting: play a bass-rich track, isolate one speaker, and then balance/fade to a pair; the bass should get louder, not weaker (cancellation).

(Credit goes to chad, from which I stole the template)

2 people like this

Thanks to everyone who provided some info, just got my 98 626 and it doesn't have a HU but has all wires including aftermarket 4guage amp hookup still in it, planning on using the provided diagrams coming up!

I'm about to order a head unit from Crutchfield and after reading this thread I'm inclined to let someone else install it. That's a lot of wires.

I'm trying to find a more specific diagram for my 2001...my Haynes manual has the basics but it doesn't include the illumination wire (red) or another wire which is next to it (gray). So. Fortunately, the Metra harness I bought says which is which...except for that one extra wire, which isn't on the aftermarket harness. By the way...I haven't found the dimmer either. Any advice?

Edit: After reading some other posts I was afraid that it might have something to do with the dimmer and affect the dash lights, but apparently it doesn't...at least not on a 2001. Unplugged the stereo and the dash lights work fine, so hmm. If anyone knows what it is, I'm just curious, it looks like my new stereo will wire up fine. The gray wire won't connect to the new stereo, while the antenna power and phone mute from the new stereo won't connect to anything. I'm expecting everything will work fine, just want to know if anyone figured out what that gray wire is.

The new stereo is a Kenwood KDC-BT838U, and I've also been trying to figure out how to mount it.

ive copied chad_av's wiring diagram for my 91 626, but i found that i dont have a green with yellow stripe or a blue with yellow stripe??

i do have a white or grayish wire with a yellow stripe though, but thats it....

any ideas on what wire that would be for? and what wire am i missing?????

also i have 2 wires on my stereo with female plugs on them, but im not sure what theyr for?? would they be for the amp?

Ok, so since I was soldering a bunch of wires behind my dash today [installing component speakers and custom mounting the Infinity tweeters....] I figured I might as well write down the ACTUAL wiring colors in my 1994 626 V6 M/T.

The guide I used to install my radio initially was from http://www.installdr.com The pinout is correct but the colors are completely wrong, plus they leave out some optional wires. These are the wires located directly behind the radio in the dashboard.

Here is what I discovered:

Car:...........Aftermarket Radio:.............Function

blue/white......red.....................................+12V ignition [switched]

blue/red..........yellow................................+12V battery [constant]

orange............orange...............................+12V headlight switched [for dimmer function]

red/green........blue/white.........................+12V remote/power antenna lead

blue/green......white.................................Left Front Speaker (+)

blue/black.......gray..................................Right Front Speaker (+)

blue................white/black.......................Left Front Speaker (-)

blue/orange....gray/black.........................Right Front Speaker (-)

green/black.....green...............................Left Rear Speaker (+)

green/orange..green/black......................Left Rear Speaker (-)

yellow/green....purple.............................Right Rear Speaker (+) <---may have been green/yellow hard to tell

green..............purlple/black......................Right Rear Speaker (-)

The ground wire is the thicker black [may have stripe] cable with a female spade connector on the end of it.

Anyway, this should help you folks [like me] who don't have the factory harness in their cars. :huh: BTW I tested all of my amps and they all sound fantastic :biggrin:

i got the connectors that you dont have to strip from circuit city and i grounded the wire but the face plate on the cd player just blinks on and off and sometimes it doesnt even turn on at all like its not getting any power?

I just got my first car. it's a 2001 626 LX 2L. would any of the configurations on this post match up to my model? I'd like to know before I blow any fuses

I followed this config but couldnt get any power to my stereo and my ceiling lights werent working. it turns out the fuse for my radio, lights, and door lock blew and all I had to do was replace them . but I bought an adaptor for the wiring anyway. just to be safe. it costs just under $20 at autozone