6 replies to this topic

Tess76

Tess76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Car: 1997 Mazda/Ford FE Engine
Hello

We need help badly. The engine sounds like it isnt firing at all but there is the noise of it turning.

To me it sounds like the crank shaft isnt aligned but my bf says it should be right.

Doing the 1 - 3 - 4 - 2 order but not getting anywhere. My bf changed the order to check to see if the crank wasnt aligned but it didnt change anything.

The engine sounds very dry. It hasnt been touched in over 2 years. We are hoping it will still go. just changed the shell. now in a Ford Spectron bus. Originally in a mazda 929, then a spectron intil it smashed and now into another spectron.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Tess

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,811 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX
Make sure it is getting fuel, and that the fuel is fresh. Check for ignition sparks by pulling the leads out and holding them near the block while cranking, etc.

1984-Mazda-626

1984-Mazda-626

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Car: 1984 Mazda 626 2.0l FE Manual
amuse me.. tell me how the crank can not be aligned...

rahim_24

rahim_24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Car: 1986 Mazda 626, 2.0 L SOHC, manual
[quote name='1984-Mazda-626' date='Jun 20 2004, 10:19 AM']amuse me.. tell me how the crank can not be aligned...[/quote]
[QUOTE]

If the timing belt has jumped a few teeth then the crankshaft and camshaft would not be aligned. Also check to see if the timing belt is broken or not.

Tess76

Tess76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
We still havent got anywhere with this damn car. I am about to put a match to it.
How can we check to see if the fuel is coming through? I know it sounds dry and the plugs are dry. But I dont know how to check it or even make it come through. It is an FE engine. Not an EFi.

Please help. This is costing us a fortune in taxis to get to and from work.

309455870 is our ICQ number if you can possibly send us messages to help us out.

Thanks heaps

Tess76

Tess76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Has anyone got any pics of how the timing belt should look?
My BF has changed many timing belts for heaps of people and never any problems like this.

It is a new belt so I really dont know what else could be wrong. Where should everything be when you put the belt on? To make it go in the right order is what I am getting at.

Thanks so much.

Tess

rahim_24

rahim_24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Car: 1986 Mazda 626, 2.0 L SOHC, manual
ok on the crankshaft gear there is a really small triangle mark that has to line up on the block. On the camshaft sprocket there are three marks ( A, B, C ). Now the A has to be on the top center facing the valve cover, there is a mark on it that u can align it to. Then the B and C should be facing sideways. like east and west and they should line up on the cylinder head.

Now you say that the timing belt is new, but check with your bf and see if he changed the waterpump and the two oil seals. A lot of time people only change the timing belt and then the waterpump or oil seals leak onto the timing belt, causing it too stretch and become garbage. I don't got ICQ but i have msn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users