• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

emocougar69

emocougar69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Car: 2001 Mercury Cougar V6 MTX
Well, my girl just bought a 99 626, and the cd player nor the gauges lighting work. I was wondering if it could possibly be a fuse. She doesnt have a manual, so, i was wondering if someone could post a pic of the car manual page, where it shows the fuses diagram. I want to check if they are blown fuses, but need to know which ones to pick. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks

Pablo

switches

switches

Mazda 626.net

• 1,027 posts
  • Car: 2000 626 LX, 2.0, auto
Here's a pic out of a 2000 I4.
Should be the same.
Posted Image
Posted Image

If the pics are too grainy to read, send me a pm or an email and I'll send them to you at some god awfully high resolution. (it was just too high for the cradomain site.)

emocougar69

emocougar69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Car: 2001 Mercury Cougar V6 MTX
Actually, those will do just fine. Thanks for the quick reply. If I have any more problems or questions, i know where to post. Thanks

switches

switches

Mazda 626.net

• 1,027 posts
  • Car: 2000 626 LX, 2.0, auto
no problem.

vlad_vm

vlad_vm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Car: 1998, 626 LX, 2.0, Auto
I find this diagram very helpful. I bought a 1998 626, but the 12v cigar outlet and interior lights were not working. Found out their fuse were busted. One more problem though, I am not sure where the automatic antenna fuse is connected. I have searched the forum but all I found was how to replace the automatic antenna. Can you help me out on this cause maybe the fuse for the antenna in my car is busted also? Thanks in advance.

dragon6

dragon6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Car: 1999 Mazda 626 LX I4 MTX

I find this diagram very helpful. I bought a 1998 626, but the 12v cigar outlet and interior lights were not working. Found out their fuse were busted. One more problem though, I am not sure where the automatic antenna fuse is connected. I have searched the forum but all I found was how to replace the automatic antenna. Can you help me out on this cause maybe the fuse for the antenna in my car is busted also? Thanks in advance.

Does the car still have the factory radio? If not, someone may have forgotten to reconnect the remote turn on lead for the antenna.
I looked in my car, and I don't even see a fuse on the power antenna motor itself? That is odd? :blink:

vlad_vm

vlad_vm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Hmm no fuse...that is indeed odd.

In my case, the radio seems to be the factory one. But just in case the problem is the antenna control being disconnected from the radio, is there a way I can check whether the antenna motor is working or not or do I have to reconnect it to the radio?

I know I can always buy a new motored antenna but I just want to salvage the existing one to save money if it is still working. Thanks.

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,740 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX

Hmm no fuse...that is indeed odd.

In my case, the radio seems to be the factory one. But just in case the problem is the antenna control being disconnected from the radio, is there a way I can check whether the antenna motor is working or not or do I have to reconnect it to the radio?

I know I can always buy a new motored antenna but I just want to salvage the existing one to save money if it is still working. Thanks.

you can test it in the trunk by connecting the remote turn on lead to +12v.

vlad_vm

vlad_vm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Ok thanks I will try it later.

SLIMMCUTTA

SLIMMCUTTA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Car: 1998 MAZDA 626 LX
[B]Does anyone know what the radio fuse is for a 1998 626, I took my car to the shop last week friday, the car cut off on me thursday nyte, I initially thought it was the battery but the mechanic told me the belt came off, they checked the altenator just in case but ti wasn't the altenator it was the belt that came off They replaced it but when I got the car back the radio didnt turn on at all, all the lights and everything else worked except the radio..I tokk it back to the mechanic and they said it had nothing to do with the altenator..I'm wondering if the fuse blew and if it did what kind of fuse do I need, I have a sony xplod mp3/satellite ready radio/cd/mp3 player I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users