My O/d Light Is Flashing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Jasco

Jasco

• Premium Member
  • 424 posts
For some reason when I would drive on the highway at spend like 60/80
I would just be giong along then I would feal a slight increase in the Reving and my O/D light would start flashing and would not stop untill I would turn the car off, but when I would turn it back on everything wold be fine untill I went on the highway or interstate, like just ridding around town and cruising it would hardly ever come on

I think i't might be a computer problem causing the Transmision to act up

any Help would be very apreaciated

Mx400ex72

Mx400ex72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Car: 2000 626 LX Auto I4
I have the same problem. And I was told on here that it could be my transmission overheating. I took it to a mazda place to get the computer checked, but they couldnt do anything cause I had aftermarket gauges in and it was messing the reaeding on the computer up. But Im gunna get that fixed. SO I would recommend taht u take ur car somewhere and get a transmisson code pulled and they will tell u what is wrong with it. Hope this helps ya a lil bit.

Jasco

Jasco

• Premium Member
  • 424 posts
After market guage's meaning like you had diffrent color face's?? cuase I have diffrent color face and a gauge Benzel

Jasco

Jasco

• Premium Member
  • 424 posts
I'm finnaly getting around to getting this check'ed out after giong to atleast 5 Ford/mazda Dealership's I found a place that can actually check it out for me

I do plan on lowering my car but only AFTER I fix everything that I think is a problem .....O/D Light/Tranmishion...Alternator....New battery....and some other minor things that need to be check'ed out, ill let yawl know how it all goes

Mx400ex72

Mx400ex72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
please do...i plan on selling mine, but would like to hear what they have to say about the flashing light!

Type-R 626

Type-R 626

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Car: 2003 Acura RSX Type-S, 1993 Mazda 626 DX
its definitly a serious transmission problem. same thing happend to me, then my rpms would bounce all around and cause me to stall....etc..etc. i smell a new tranny for you....sry bub :(

Mx400ex72

Mx400ex72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
this may sound stupid but ill post it anyway.....do u have a system? or are u running a lot of extra current? I took out my amp and system and im running the car like it was factory. I just got back from a 3 hour trip, running the car pretty hard, 80mph and accelerating when needing to to pass someone. And i did not have the o/d light flash at all. Normally when i would do that it would flash, i probably have had the o/d light flash on me 5-6 different occasions, but have never noticed anything wrong with the trans when the light was not flashing......IDK im home from school now and im gunna probably take my car over to autozone and see if they can find anything

Jasco

Jasco

• Premium Member
  • 424 posts
Yea I do have a large system

and no just cuase the light is flashing does NOT mean a new tranny....ic can be an elictrical problem....or a part need's to be replac'ed in the tranny.....and MAYBE its to late and one day i will have to get another tranny....but just cuase the light is flashing does not mean that

and yes my alternater is starting to get weak'er and now the light is starting to come on more so often...and when I first got the car the 3 weeks I did not have a system it never came on...so it may very well be that

Nefarious1

Nefarious1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car: 1999 Mazda 626 LX 2.0L
What does it mean when the Hold (or O/D Off) light is blinking?
According to Mazda, it is an indication of an electrical problem in the transmission. Actually, it could also be an indication of bad sensor data reaching the transmission. This light and the Malfunction Indicator ("Check Engine") light are rather closely connected; since this transmission is computer-controlled, you could be getting signals from either. If this is happening to you and you're not up to reading codes, as I'm not, you should probably go to the dealership or to a garage that speaks fluent Mazda and get the codes pulled. The pertinent ones you're most likely to encounter, on a pre-OBD II vehicle, are:

06 No signal from vehicle speed sensor
12 Throttle position sensor signal open or shorted
55 No signal from drum speed pulse generator on trans
60 "1-2" or "A" shift solenoid circuit open or shorted
61 "2-3" or "B" shift solenoid circuit open or shorted
62 "3-4" or overrun clutch solenoid circuit open or shorted
63 Lock-up solenoid circuit open or shorted
Mazda switched the automatic 626 to OBD II around the 1996 model year, so if you have a '96 or later, you'll need a full-fledged OBD II-compatible scan tool. The '94 and '95 models reportedly come with Ford's EEC-IV diagnostics.

this information taken from http://www.dustbury.com/626/trans.html

swevley

swevley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Car: 1998, 626, 2.0l, auto
I had the same blinking problem and was told that the transmission was over heating so the fix is to add a "cooler". Since I had the dealer add this I have not had the problem.

Jasco

Jasco

• Premium Member
  • 424 posts
and how much did the cooler cost?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users