Photo

Info on how to take stock 626 radio OUT!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

MugenNeuspeed

MugenNeuspeed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Car: 98 mazda 626 4cylinder
Yeah I know on the side there are panels to be removed but i can't seem to get the stock cd changer out
I am upgrading to an alpine

switches

switches

Mazda 626.net

• 1,027 posts
  • Car: 2000 626 LX, 2.0, auto
Link to take out HU

ok...here's what you gotta do....there is a little removable black panel on the far left and right side of the HU. these will pop off...try prying from the edge with a screw driver. Now here's the TRICKY part...you can't do this one on your own. You need the Ford/Mazda "keys" to pull it out...no way around it. Supposedly you can get the keys at an auto parts store for roughly 5$, but your best bet is just to swing by the dealer or any car audio place...they will have them. They shouldn't charge you anything to do it, but that's what you have to do. Put them in the holes, push away from the HU and pull out. The little baby just slides right out.

ii0oo0oo0oo0ooii

ii0oo0oo0oo0ooii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Car: 2000 Mazda 626 LX
or if too cheap, get 4 nails that fit kinda snug in the holes, and do the same thing. I just figured no need to waste $5 on something you will use once, maybe twice, unless you do this for a living.

KGUNC

KGUNC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Car: 2000 Es Auto

or if too cheap, get 4 nails that fit kinda snug in the holes, and do the same thing. I just figured no need to waste $5 on something you will use once, maybe twice, unless you do this for a living.

Hell yeah, i just did the four nails and it came out fine for me, just put a little pressure and pull and it works fine. Thanks for the idea.

Universal

Universal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 Auto
hey guys ,

im new to the board but just yesterday i bought a '95 626 .. i bought a cd player and thought i could install it myself.. well i got the little black panels on Left and right side of the radio off ..i even took a screw driver and moved those little 4 brackets on the sides of the radio ...i put screws in the holes like stated above.. and pulled..the only thing that came out was the face of the radio lol.. what did i do wrong and how can i get it out?? i took out the change/etc holder under the radio its like something is holding it..

any help is appreciated..i can also take pics if that helps to point on my problem

KGUNC

KGUNC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
What i did was stick four nails wayyyyyy back in there and have someone else pull out ward on one side and me on the other. Im sure that if you have the face off then you will be able to see whats holding it in there and figure out what to do :biggrin:

Universal

Universal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
ill take a pic

Posted Image

Posted Image

switches

switches

Mazda 626.net

• 1,027 posts
hahaha...i have no clue. doesn't look like it's supposed to be like that!! try putting it back on and pushing the nails farther back to grip something else besides just the face plate.

Universal

Universal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I DID IT!!!! .. i got it out..no one said there were brackets on the sides on the radio ill post a pic of my tore up factory HU so we can pinned the pics in this topic with the help of switches.. but now i dunno which wires are front speakers which are rear? they are all blue with color stripes..then theres brown wire red [power i hope] and orange [memory i hope]

come on switches hook this up!!!

switches

switches

Mazda 626.net

• 1,027 posts
pick up a wiring harness for it. It will have a plug that hooks right up to it and you have to worry about all that. I'll try to find out all the wires for the 95.

mazda6

mazda6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Car: 94 626 LX-V6, Auto
oh man u're messed !!
the faceplate is not suppose to come off like that
i found out through trill and error with my deck and in the end i just ended up goin to a pro to install it
but i did however figure how to get teh deck out
u know those 2 plastic tabs that u have on either side of the deck..tkae the tabs off and underneath are holes
use somethgin that can fit into all those holes
push down in the hole and pull pegs either outward or inward
thayt should get the hooks lose and your can pull it out
its a pain .save the tym and get a pro to do it

switches

switches

Mazda 626.net

• 1,027 posts
he got it out.

Universal

Universal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
yup yup i got it out and my radio in..you talk about a PAIN!!! ..i was about to go to a pro to take it out but i thought id give 1 more look.. now i just have to find a place for the toggle switch.. MAZDA you should be ashamed on yrself for making the RED wire the antenna wire.. i thought it was the power wire lol

KMrH0tB0i 6

KMrH0tB0i 6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Car: 1995 Mazda 626 V6 ES auto
i just replace my stock radio with an alpine (cdm-7871) cd deck also. all you gotta do is get a medal hanger and cut the sides off like a U then use those as radio keys. it's alot easier and cheaper using a hanger. i havn't got the pocket to go underneath the deck yet so im using the tape player for support until i get a pocket. click here for more info on installing a new a radio for your 626 http://www.installdr.../PDF/629005.pdf :biggrin:

KGUNC

KGUNC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
How do i get the new cd player to be secured into the hole where the old one came out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users