V-6 Vacuum Hose Diagram

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Zuke626

Zuke626

Mazda 626.net

• 1,592 posts
  • Car: 2009 Subaru Legacy GT
KLDE/KL-DE/KL03 Vacuum Hose Diagrams for Mazda 626, Mx6, and ford Probe.

Diagram 1: Color Coded
img-111554-1-03ze.jpg

Diagram 2: From FSM Available as Full Size Pdf Here: Attached File  Mazda_KL_DE_94_Vacuumhose_Diagram.pdf   786.48KB   741 downloads
Mazda_KL_DE_94_Vacuumhose_Diagram.jpg

Diagram 3:
vachose1.gif
Diagram taken from Bradbury website.

travieso11h

travieso11h

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Car: 97 mazda 626 lx 4cyl Auto
I just bought a weapon R intake for my 4 cyl and I desperatley need to know how how to install the largest vacuum hose please give me a hand thanks B)

Zuke626

Zuke626

Mazda 626.net

• 1,592 posts
  • Car: 2009 Subaru Legacy GT
There should only be one hose that needs to be connected, that hose connects to the valve cover. Check out this photo at my old website:
http://groups.msn.co...hoto&PhotoID=34

This was a photo of someone elses 626.

Oaksey

Oaksey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Car: 1993 Ford TX5 V6 manual
It seems you can turn the valves, how do you know where they should be turned to?

One got turned a bit when I installed my CAI, probably soemthing less than 180 degrees, would this make any difference?

korn02trustco

korn02trustco

• Premium Member
  • 3,187 posts
  • Car: it used to be a 626
Posted Image
i personally though this one was alot easier to understand, this one is only for taking off the IM though

jayman

jayman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Car: 95' 626 2.5 v6 auto
what does the EGR control posion senor do and what position is it sopost to be in?

NATE06

NATE06

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Car: 1993, ES, 2.5 , AUTO
I think that the 2nd diagram just saved my life

brian passarelli

brian passarelli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Car: 1993 Lexus ES 300 5-spd Manual
the second diagram is AWESOME ... and also avail from autozone repair website, but its hard to find. there is a post on this forum by flora regarding it. its not colorized (the poster colorized it here). it's also likely higher resolution and i like it more, but this picture is still awesome. the first diagram is a neat thing, but doesn't help when you're trying to connect all those vacuum lines on the manifold. lol

davidmw1

davidmw1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Car: 98 626 LX Manual

Posted Image
i personally though this one was alot easier to understand, this one is only for taking off the IM though

Great post Sir,

This is great help to find the EGR.

The 626 is my wifies car I have multiple BGs so they are just a bit different. OBD III on the 98, my BGs are OBD II.

This care is a great cruising vehicle, throws codes often but never has been a seriously ill vehicle.

It's always an o2 sensor, air issue. I'm going to pull the Egr to clean, see if that does the trick.

I once had a 351M in a 78 Tbird, that was forever stopping up.

riverrunnernky

joshb

joshb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car: 1997 mazda 626 auto
i have a 97 mazda 626 ,it starts up fine but hesitates bad when accelerating.pre converter was stopped up but is now gutted.main cat also gutted.wondering if o2 sensors are causing this.i bought car1 year ago has been sitting since because of this problem.(bought car with cats gutted). please help if you can. thanks

evilmunkey

evilmunkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car: 1996 626 lx 2.5L auto
I just installed a Purge control Valve in my '96 w/ the 2.5L and now I have a P0300 code so this diagram has helped alot. . well so far since my idle is still messing up

n1drummer

n1drummer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car: 1999, 626 LX, V6, Manual
I have been chasing a P0443 error (EVAP System) for a while. Finally gave up and went to have it tested at TUNEX. They were very helpful and were able to figure out my problem and fix it in an hour. The short story answer is that the electrical connector to the Purge valve was swapped with another connector under the air box.

What I did find in my attempts was that the engine changed in 1998-2002. The vacuum diagram posted here is for earlier models. I have attached the printout given to me by TUNEX. I hope it helps.

Posted Image

626lx2.5

626lx2.5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Car: Mazda 626 2.5 manual
ugh my 2.5 has a major vacuum leak.. i cant locate it you can hear it from the back side of the motor but i cant find the source any ideas

fedupwEGR

fedupwEGR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car: 2001 Mazda 626, 2.5ltr V6, auto

ugh my 2.5 has a major vacuum leak.. i cant locate it you can hear it from the back side of the motor but i cant find the source any ideas

I had a mechanic solve this one for me. It is probably a vacuum leak from the throttle body. The factory gasket wasn't sealing well enough even though it was new. He made a custom gasket out of thicker material that has worked like a champ for over a year.

mazdaaaaa

mazdaaaaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Car: 2001 626 v6 auto

I had a mechanic solve this one for me. It is probably a vacuum leak from the throttle body. The factory gasket wasn't sealing well enough even though it was new. He made a custom gasket out of thicker material that has worked like a champ for over a year.

thanks for sharing.

I have a leak somewhere after doing a valve cover gasket and have removed the manifold 5 times, just 3 yesterday and still could not find the air leak. it is coming from the throttle body area but since i bought a new felt pro gasket, i thought it should not be the problem and blamed the canisters which i check is in good condition.

do you happen to know if he used some paper/metal gasket or just rtv?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users