Photo

Full Tune-up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Sean Brown

Sean Brown

• Premium Member
  • 1,563 posts
What do you guys consider a FULL tune up?

List all parts you would change, fluids to change and other parts to clean... etc.

I put on new plugs, wires and an air filter. What else should I do to make my car run smoother. The parts I put on already helped sooooo much. The car is much smoother starts up better revs nicer and if I let out the clutch slow enough, it won't even stall out. It bucks a tiny bit, but doesn't stall. Thats how I know the parts made a difference because I could not do that before.

Rumpus

Rumpus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Car: 1988 mazda 626 manual
I would change the distributor cap also and oxygen sensor. Change your transmission fluid and fuel filter.

mrslcom

mrslcom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Car: 98 LX-V6 auto
Also the PCV valve; clean fuel injectors; change the coolant; and change engine oil and filter.

Sean Brown

Sean Brown

• Premium Member
  • 1,563 posts
its a 5spd so I can't change tranny fluid, and I just did an oil change. How do I clean the injectors.

deflux

deflux

• Premium Member
  • 3,351 posts
You can change the gear oil in your manual transmission.

Sean Brown

Sean Brown

• Premium Member
  • 1,563 posts
How do I change the gear oil, and how do I clean the injectors?

mrslcom

mrslcom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Car: 98 LX-V6 auto
The cheap way to clean the fuel injectors is to buy a bottle of good quality fuel system cleaner.
I heard the Chevron Techron and STP are good. Or you can get them professionally cleaned at a dealer.
There must be a way to change the transmission fluid such as a drain valve or something. But you shouldn't have to change the manual trans fluid that frequently. Unlike the auto trans fluid, which is best to change it every year.

Sean Brown

Sean Brown

• Premium Member
  • 1,563 posts
I work at a dealership, we do Motorvac, I think that cleans the injectors and everything. You hook it into your fuel lines and run it for about 40min. I think I will do that.

1984-Mazda-626

1984-Mazda-626

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Car: 1984 Mazda 626 2.0l FE Manual
To clean injectors you take them out and take them to a workshop..they put them in a vibrating tin or something and they shake them hard...

Change the transmission fluid.. it will tell you things about your gearbox :smile:

Rumpus

Rumpus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Car: 1988 mazda 626 manual
I had to replace the transmission around 200k. I had only changeed it one time. To change the trans fluid you take the plug out and let it drain. To refill it you have to unbolt the speedometer cable that goes into the transmission.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users