• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DontExpectMuch

DontExpectMuch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Car: 2002 Mazda 626 4cyl

Hello & thanks for wanting to help me out.

I moved to CA & bought an '02 626 to get around but I have to get it smogged but the OBD doens't have power & the room fuse pops the fuse soon as you put it in. Electrical is my weakness & was hoping someone has come across this issue before. I can't think of anything else to add, so please ask if I am leaving anything out. Thanks again!

Diagrams: http://mazda626.net/...yone-need-them/

• DraniaWap likes this

DontExpectMuch

DontExpectMuch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

*cough*

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 12,562 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 LX 2.0L Manual Swap

How long have you owned the car?  Have you done any electrical mods such as radio, lighting, accessories?  If the fuse is blowing then you have a short in that circuit which is drawing too many amps.  It is possible to track down but not easily if you are inexperienced.  You might be able to get away with unplugged things one at a time and putting in a new fuse.  I would invest in a breaker fuse instead of blowing fuse after fuse for something like this.

DontExpectMuch

DontExpectMuch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I got it last July as more of a rental than a long term, but I have ended up staying in CA longer than expected & now need to get the infamous smog test. The car came with an aftermarket stereo & a broken sunroof, I have unplugged all nonessential fuses & removed the stereo. I restored & drove cars predating 1970 professionaly most of my life so modern electrical baffles me. I wouldn't even know what to unplug first to check— I did what I could with the wiring diagram but it's greek to me. Thanks for the insight!

A breaker fuse is a good idea, better than my old fuse & aluminum foil one & the paperclip.

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 12,562 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 LX 2.0L Manual Swap

In the breakout box try this, pull the STOP, HAZARD, AUDIO, PSEAT, and DLOCK fuses.  See if it still blows the ROOM fuse.  If it does then it could be a fault in the wiring to the ROOM fuse from the main BTN fuse (located in main fuse box under the hood).  See if your BTN fuse is good.  I'm going off of a 2001 wiring diagram though no way to say for certain it's exactly the same as an 02 wiring diagram.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical, obd, fuses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users