31 replies to this topic

ND28

ND28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Car: 1994, 626 LX, 2.0L 4cyl, manual======1994, MX-6 LS, 2.5L V6, MTX
*2 Red 41 smd spider LED (1157 bulb for outside tail lights)
*2 Red 42 smd mast LED (1157 bulb for inside tail lights)
*2 Amber 41 smd spider LED (1157 bulb for front parkIng/turn sIgnal lights)
*2 Super white 42 smd mast LED (1156 bulb for the reverse/back-up lights)
*2 Amber 42 smd mast LED (1156 bulb for the rear turn signal lights)

Here is a quick video I made unboxing the LEDs

alucard

alucard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Car: 2002, 2.0 i4 FS, manual
those look pretty sweet, you gotta let us see how they turn out on the car... i've been considering going led for a while now...

ND28

ND28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

those look pretty sweet, you gotta let us see how they turn out on the car... i've been considering going led for a while now...

Thanks, I have a few pics and I gotta make a night video of the LED lights.
I'm very happy with the way it turned out, they are really bright and nice hue. Besides for looks, the car was in dire need of brighter lights as I have blacked out my tail lights with a glossy dark vinyl.
The spider LEDs are cool but more expensive and difficult to install. Also my third brake light is LED too, just need some super white LEDs for the license plate.
Look on my profile's car pics/mods there you can see how the car looks like with the blacked out tail lights http://mazda626.net/.../303-mazda-626/

Ash.626.

Ash.626.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Car: 1994 Mazda 626 1.8i LX, UK RHD Spec
Let me know how this bulb swap goes for you, especially the turn signals. Be interested to see if these work.

TheOriginalBrandon

TheOriginalBrandon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Car: 1995, DX, 2.0L I4, Manual
I really want to see how these turned out.

ND28

ND28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
626-SpIderLED_stemLED-01.jpg

The Spider LEDs are hard to install and since the bulbs are at an angle(diagonal) some of the arms won't spread out all the way.
Keep in mind my tailings are blacked out; the LED bulbs look brighter than the filament ones..
Sorry for the delay on the pics and video, should have it up by tonight.

ND28

ND28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Let me know how this bulb swap goes for you, especially the turn signals. Be interested to see if these work.

Apparently there are 2 relays, one for the turn signal and one for the Hazard flashers, these bulbs do hyper-flash but I don't mind as they are pretty bright, but yeah if you prefer normal on/off speed then you'll need to install load resistors on each bulb (I'm not a big fan of these as they heat up substantially) or a relay for electronic LEDs with lower speed(best solution but good luck finding one for our cars)

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,609 posts
  • Car: 1988 626 GT ----- 1995 MX-6 LS
I'm sure superbrightleds.com would have that relay.
  • ND28 likes this

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 14,613 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 LX 2.0L Manual Swap
It's because of the lower wattage of the bulbs which the CPU senses as a malfunctioning bulb and will blink the flashers twice as fast. A good solution is normally to get replacements that replicate the same wattage and that would require a LOT of LED's per bulb, it would be insanely bright. You could probably wire up a custom set of LED's to do that but it would require removing the tail lens as you can't fit that many LEDs even in a spider type bulb through the bulb housing. You would need to remove the tail lens. Just food for thought for anyone considering swapping to LED's.

I really like the spider bulb it's a new way to pack more LED's per bulb. It's genius. Unfortunately you can't pack enough LED's to match most cars stock wattage requirement to get past the double fast blinking. I would like to see you continue with the install and show how to wire up resistors or a method to fix the fast blinking. Great stuff thanks for the video. Also would like to see another video and your thoughts on them now after the install. Pictures are good but video is great. Oh and how much for the full set like you got?
  • ND28 likes this

ND28

ND28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Alright here we go... spider LEDs are the ones @ outermost tail lights and mast LEDs @ innermost tail light.
Whit the Hazard flasher you can see that it. Turn sIgnal lights up at normal speed(I haven't changed the front parking lights yet, they are really hard to fit in the healight housing), but when using the actual turn signals it will hyper-flash.
I'm very pleased with the results, really needed this upgrade because my as mentioned earlier the tail lights are blacked-out and I got pulled over a few timesfor It(no ticket ;-)
Also the third brake light is LED. Over all, these lights are nice color and pretty bright, I've spent about $80 for all the lights from eBay, Chinese seller, good service and fast shipping.

ND28

ND28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

alucard

alucard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Car: 2002, 2.0 i4 FS, manual
those look awesome man, don't think i need the brightness but i love the way they have a crisp on off action instead of fading in and out like bulbs do... and i've definately gotta get me some of those whites for reversing.... they're amazing... top job dude, give yourself a biscuit...
  • ND28 likes this

Ash.626.

Ash.626.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Car: 1994 Mazda 626 1.8i LX, UK RHD Spec

The Spider LEDs are hard to install and since the bulbs are at an angle(diagonal) some of the arms won't spread out all the way.
Keep in mind my tailings are blacked out; the LED bulbs look brighter than the filament ones..

Looks like the US models have an extra set of (inner) taillights. The rear of my car, the outer taillights work as both brake and lights. My inner ones are just reflectors!

ND28

ND28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Looks like the US models have an extra set of (inner) taillights. The rear of my car, the outer taillights work as both brake and lights. My inner ones are just reflectors!

Makes sense since you guys need the space to allocate that cool license plate of yours :-)Feel free to post a pic of your tail lights at night with them on for comparison sake...

ND28

ND28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

those look awesome man, don't think i need the brightness but i love the way they have a crisp on off action instead of fading in and out like bulbs do... and i've definately gotta get me some of those whites for reversing.... they're amazing... top job dude, give yourself a biscuit...

Thanks man, much appreciated.Ya, the white ones were a night & day difference (literally)... wait wait, the difference was Clear. LOL! A set of those cost me about $12 shipped

</br>

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2648

Attached Thumbnails

• 300529570574_2.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users