• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

notfastorfurious

notfastorfurious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Car: 2000 626 4-cylinder automatic
I just bought a 2000 Mazda 626 and it came with a Sony xPlod cdx-m630 but it wasn't installed. I know I need a wire harness to hook up the car connectors and one that connects to the radio. The problem is I have been unable to find one. I rather not do any soldering or crimping. I just want one wire already made so i can just hook the up. Does this exist?

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,690 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX
Yes, they are made (and patented) by Metra. Circuit City had the exclusive rights to these, but since they're out of business, I can only assume Metra licensed this product out to someone else.

NDM

NDM

• Admin
  • 2,451 posts
  • Car: Mazda 626 V6 2.5L 1999
shouldn't scosche carry them? Should be able to get a stock wiring harness from walmart.

notfastorfurious

notfastorfurious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
How can I find out who has rights to them? I checked Circuit City's website they don't have it and neither does Metra's. Also I can find the harness's individually just not attached.

I need this http://www.scosche.c...dio/product/613

to be attached to this http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_4830wt_1163

as in be linked by the same wire

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,690 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX
They sell them as 2-piece kits...one half is car make/model specific harness to a proprietary interface plug...the other half goes from that proprietary interface plug to the mfr./model specific plug for your aftermarket radio. No soldering, everything just plugs together, but you have to buy two half-pieces. You may also need an antenna adapter.

notfastorfurious

notfastorfurious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is there any technical name I should search for? All I am finding is something called an iso adapter and that looks like a foreign standard connector. Oh and I checked the antenna connector and it fits to in good there.

NDM

NDM

• Admin
  • 2,451 posts
  • Car: Mazda 626 V6 2.5L 1999
What snailman is talking about is pretty difficult to find, i don't know if they even make those anymore due to the whole metra thing he was talking about. I can't find them anywhere.

Most people go for the scosche adapter or something like this from crutchfield http://www.crutchfie...ss.html?tp=2977

You generally have to wire it up yourself(but its really not that hard):

Aftermarket_Headunit_Wiring_Diagram.png

You generally splice them together http://blog.hemmings...h-splice-wires/

No soldering is required, you can also get some heatshrink crush wire connectors from your local hardware store to crush around the splice. Then apply some heat with a blowdryer and you have a really solid connection. No soldering required.

crush_heatshrink_connectors.jpg

mike060

mike060

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Car: 1990, 626 DX, 2.2 non turbo , manual
Try Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...KF71MNS10K0P397

notfastorfurious

notfastorfurious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just got one of the harnesses today (the one that attaches to the radio) and I noticed that it does not go all the way on. It goes on about 2/3s of the way on there is a click lock that does not reach far enough to latch on. Do you think it will work or will i have to buy another one?

Roritor

Roritor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • Car: 2002 Mazda Tribute Classic Traveller (LX, extra options), 3.0L Duratec V6, CD4E ATX with AWD
Are the pins inside making contact to the wire points in the harness?

When I had a similar situation years back I kinda ghetto-rigged a test by putting a dab of...I think it was white-out on the flat pins and then plugging in the harness and taking it off to check for scratches in the white-out. After I found the scratches, I knew it was making contact and then scraped all the remaining white-out off the pin.

Not necessarily saying it was the best idea but it worked for me...

notfastorfurious

notfastorfurious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I connected the red, yellow and black electrical leads out the harness to a 9v battery. I just brushed off the red and yellow wires on the positive terminal while keeping the black attached to the negative to see it there would be sparks and there were. So I'm a assuming that means that there is a completed circuit. The red black were on the bottom row of pins and the yellow was on the top so I guess both rows are making contact with the harness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users