• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

vectra_soundz

vectra_soundz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Car: 1989, 326, FE, Manual
Ok guys, so the gearbox for my FE broke, does any one know of a different box that can fit? toyota or Hyundi?

chief tool

chief tool

• 1,005 posts
  • Car: 1984 GC FE-T & GC RF Diesel
Not easily....

I am working on putting a Toyota E58 into my 626. There are some threads on some that other people have done over at mx6.com.
You would need to use the adapter plate, and do custom box mounts and gear selector controls, but apart from that its relatively straightworward (so I am told) I havent got very far into mine yet.

How bad is the FE box ? I am sure you could use other G series boxes to provide parts to fix that one.

MonoxideChild

MonoxideChild

Veteran

• 6,599 posts
  • Car: you name it, i own it...
and you can buy the adapter plate for the toyota trans to the mazda FE over on clubprotege.com. :)

vectra_soundz

vectra_soundz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Not easily....

I am working on putting a Toyota E58 into my 626. There are some threads on some that other people have done over at mx6.com.
You would need to use the adapter plate, and do custom box mounts and gear selector controls, but apart from that its relatively straightworward (so I am told) I havent got very far into mine yet.

How bad is the FE box ? I am sure you could use other G series boxes to provide parts to fix that one.

the housing is cracked, was told it can be welded, finding Mazda gearboxes here is like a needle in a haystack honestly. Still havent found the motivation to open the box *sigh* stupid mistake!! Will try this weekend.

vectra_soundz

vectra_soundz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
IMG-20120606-00034.jpg
IMG-20120606-00035.jpg

MonoxideChild

MonoxideChild

Veteran

• 6,599 posts
  • Car: you name it, i own it...
thats suffering some Zoom Zoom Boom!

chief tool

chief tool

• 1,005 posts
yeah...ugh..

vectra_soundz

vectra_soundz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Can anyone help me find a housing? PLEASE and how much it would cost to ship to Barbados? HELP HELP

chief tool

chief tool

• 1,005 posts
occasionally whole gearboxes pop up on ebay here in Oz, but I'd say it'd cost around $500AUD to ship. Is yours cable clutch or hydraulic ? I have an old cable clutch box here. It might be easier to contact a US member and get one shipped from there if you can, it'd be cheaper.

madaz_gc_85

madaz_gc_85

• Premium Member
  • 355 posts
  • Car: 85 Deluxe manual hatch series 3 and 86 Super Deluxe Turbo CFI manual hatch series 3
Ooooh snap! thats lookin religious! OOhh lordy!..lol....big hole in lil box...jokes http://pb.mazda626.n...tyle_emoticons/default/ohmy.png shit i just cant help myself, sorri. Id've walked a mote around my car with worry by now, 4 foot deep if that was me, I have a spare g box but its kinda attached to a spare motor and on a spare sub frame, surely some1 closer can assist, cost of freight from here to there man youd may as well try buy a reco one from a shop, honestly, wish you luck mate.

vectra_soundz

vectra_soundz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
thanks guys will see if I can find one closer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users