• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

96Mazdog626

96Mazdog626

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Car: 1996, Mazda 626 Auto
Hello again everyone. I have a 96 626 with an overdrive button that doesnt work. ive searched in my chiltons book for wiring diagrams but its like the button doesnt exist to them. I tried jumping the two wires on the shifter together to see if i can get a reaction from it but no such luck. I have no voltage from either one of them so is it possible that the switch just connects a ground? If anyone knows of a wiring diagram for this feature or if there is any fuses or common problems with this i would appreciate a helping hand. Thanks alot.

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 14,683 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 LX 2.0L Manual Swap
I think it's wired directly to the ECU. Have you looked in the 1996 Body Electrical Troubleshooting Manual? You could also try looking in the 1995 Wiring Diagram Booklet.

m626er

m626er

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Car: 2003 Ford Focus SE/I4 2.0/ATX

I think it's wired directly to the ECU. Have you looked in the 1996 Body Electrical Troubleshooting Manual? You could also try looking in the 1995 Wiring Diagram Booklet.

DJ do you know if those wiring diagrams are compatible with my 97 mazda?

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 14,683 posts

It has OBDII so a lot will differ from 95. The 95 wiring diagram should at least be helpful in giving you an idea of how circuits are routed. It's not going to be the same though. There are many differences electrically but it's the closest available online to your 96/97.

The body electrical will be the same though. To my knowledge the 96 vs. 97 are the same exact car in every way aesthetically, mechanically, and electrically. It's the same exact car.

qb626

qb626

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car: 2000 Mazda 626, V6, 2.5L, auto

I have the same problem with my 2000 626 except the O/D occassionally flashes and the car starts running funny.  I replaced the speed sensor but the problem still exists.

A mechanic said that it was only getting 7 volts to it when it should be 12. 

Can anyone suggest any solutions?

ike621

ike621

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Car: 2000 626 2.0 Auto

I had the flashing OD light but that was when my transmission overheated and I had destroyed my transmission and torque converter. My problem could be a different issue however.

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 14,683 posts

Oh and just FYI everyone.  If your tachometer isn't working neither will overdrive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users