• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Phreaqo

Phreaqo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car: 2002 626 LX Auto 4cyl
I have a 2002 626 LX and the dash board lights do not come on when I turn on my headlights. My front and rare, indicators (lights and dash indicator), and break lights turn on. Also, all of my accessories work (radio, ac, etc).

Any ideas what the problem can be? I figured a blown fuse but don't know for sure and if so, I don't know which fuse to replace since google searches suggest my break light fuse but this can't be correct. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

97Mazda

97Mazda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Car: 1997 626ES 2.5L V6 ATX
I think it's the Tail fuse

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 14,432 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 LX 2.0L Manual Swap
From my understanding the turn indicator lights work but nothing else? Do you have an interior dimmer switch?

Most of the gauge cluster runs on the METER fuse for the 93-97. They probably kept that the same for the 98-02 but I do know there are a couple differences in the joint box so double check. You can pull the fuses out individually and check them. That's probably the quickest and easiest way to figure out which fuses if any are blown.

NickR

NickR

• Premium Member
  • 3,412 posts
  • Car: 2000 LX V6 mtx
I just pulled the METER fuse in my 2000, and duplicated the symptoms. So I think that's the fuse.

Phreaqo

Phreaqo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car: 2002 626 LX Auto 4cyl
Thank you all for the responses. It turns out it was my interior dimmer switch that I should have checked in the first place. I put my car in the shop a few days ago and it must have been touched. It saved some time since I was ready to start pulling fuses :/

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 14,432 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 LX 2.0L Manual Swap
Not the first time it's happened which is why I went straight at asking about it. Simple, quick, and free fix. :)

NickR that's good info to know that the fuse itself can replicate that condition. Good job man. Remember that one, bound to come up again eventually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users