9 replies to this topic

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,483 posts
  • Car: 1988 626 GT ----- 1995 MX-6 LS
Hey guys,

I figured I'd repost this. Advance Auto has a discontinued 2-ton engine hoist that is really cheap right now. It is $26.95 (yes, $26.95, no typo). Why so cheap? Apparently that is their model. A discontinued part gets cheaper and cheaper to help move it out.

The catch? It can only be bought in store if they have it in stock. I'd recommend calling around. Ask for the SKU # 9040044

I'm going to call around a bit more and see if I can't find one or a couple :smile:

http://slickdeals.ne...d.php?t=3481186
  • erartiels, AALorraineLack, peep show and 1 other like this

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 13,877 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 LX 2.0L Manual Swap
Not sure if I believe that because he said he never actually saw one. Myth?
  • AALorraineLack and Charlesvats like this

PrinceValorum

PrinceValorum

Veteran

• 6,828 posts
  • Car: 06 MS6 GT, 03 P5 KLZE swap (ish)
I just called and he said they got rid of all of them, that none of the stores had them. :( Would have been a sweet deal!
  • AALorraineLack likes this

MonoxideChild

MonoxideChild

Veteran

• 6,589 posts
  • Car: you name it, i own it...
dont call. go in and check. will be alot more likely to find it that way.

i plan on making the run to all my local stores after work today. then ill sit on them, and sell them on CL for profit. :)

PrinceValorum

PrinceValorum

Veteran

• 6,828 posts

then ill sit on them, and sell them on CL for profit. :)

Yeah, that's the Mazda spirit! :P

MonoxideChild

MonoxideChild

Veteran

• 6,589 posts
it at least funds my mazda spirit! :)

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 13,877 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 LX 2.0L Manual Swap
Called every store in my area and they said it was an accidental scan at one place. I didn't even say anything about the price. Apparently it's making the rounds and they already know about it. I figured there was something wrong like an incorrect bar code on it or something like that. Sounded too good to be true. Whoever got the hoist for $30 got one hell of a deal but it was a fluke at that one store he got it from. One of the employees must have put on the wrong sticker or something.

PrinceValorum

PrinceValorum

Veteran

• 6,828 posts
Yeah, I'm guessing someone missed a zero when they entered the new price. Things don't usually got straight to 90% off, though that would be sweet!

MonoxideChild

MonoxideChild

Veteran

• 6,589 posts
if you read that thread in the first post, alot more then just one person got the hoist. there was probably at least a dozen and more that said it worked for them throughout the pages.

my g/f's being a bitch, so im just using this as a good excuse not to go straight home tonight. :) and if i can make a few bux at the same time. WooT!!

PrinceValorum

PrinceValorum

Veteran

• 6,828 posts
Just got home from the store. I made them check in the back, and they had two, but they rang up at 249.99. They said the part number that people gave them offline (apparently got several calls) does come up as 26.95, but it's not the same one, and they don't have any of those, they said no one does.

I'm not sure what happened, if the one that's now 249.99 is the new one, or if the mistake was corrected or what. Would have been sweet, though! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users