• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

thatfunnylookingkid912

thatfunnylookingkid912

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car: 1995,626,v6,manual
i have a 1995 626 V6 and been having some issues with starting/running for a while. i just replaced the spark plugs/plug wires and realized my valve cover gasket is worse then i thought it was. i called a shop and they want to charge me $400+ to replace both of them so i am thinking about doing it myself. i'm not to sure about doing to the back one with very limited mechanical knowledge, any advice on where i can find step by step directions/instructions/videos? i have the hayne's but it isn't showing me what i need to make confident enough to do it. any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

djdevon3

djdevon3

Veteran

• 14,570 posts
  • Car: 1995 626 LX 2.0L Manual Swap
I've split your post into a separate topic to prevent a topic hijack. If you have a question that is unrelated to the topic at hand please create a new topic so others can better help you.

dan atkins

dan atkins

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • 623 posts
  • Car: 2001 626 5-Speed 2.0 & 2005 Mazda6 Sport Wagon
the only way I know how is to remove the upper intake manifold..when you do this you should be replacing the intake gaskets @ the same time so you dont have any intake leaks when you are done..

Dan

NickR

NickR

• Premium Member
  • 3,423 posts
  • Car: 2000 LX V6 mtx
There's a very long thread here on how to replace both front and rear VCG's:

http://www.mazda626....r-gaskets-vcgs/

My advice is to do the front one first, because it's relatively easy, and will give you confidence.

The rear one isn't especially hard, but it will take a long time, and you have to remember where everything goes.

I have done it twice now. So read right through that long thread, do the front one, then ask any questions here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users