6 replies to this topic

jawats

jawats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Car: 2002, Mazda 626, 2.4 V6, auto
All,

I have just starting doing my own maintenance on my 2002 626 V6. I've been having slightly shuddering acceleration lately, along with a check engine light. The error code notes that it could be a dirty / defective MAFs, loss of fuel pressure, loss of air flow, and so on. I've cleaned the MAFs, checked the air filter, and used Autozone's recommend fuel system cleaner (twice). While this has helped, there is still a light shudder on moderate acceleration in the 20 - 40 mph range.

Also...the engine hoots at me when turned off. I have noticed it several times as I approach the car. It sounds like there's a cartoon owl jammed in it somewhere. Assuming the car isn't lonely, or feeling owlish, I figure the hooting is related to the shudder. I have about 85k on the engine, regular maintenance, etc. Thoughts?

--Jonathan

NickR

NickR

• Premium Member
  • 3,407 posts
  • Car: 2000 LX V6 mtx
Weird! Some sort of slow release of vacuum? Check the PCV valve isn't blocked. Just a wild guess.

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,700 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX
Definitely sounds like a vacuum leak. I'd look for cracked or disconnected vacuum lines and fittings; these will allow unmetered air into the engine, causing the shuddering due to a lean mixture.

Big Al 1266

Big Al 1266

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car: 1999 mazda 626, 2.5 6 cyl., atx
Gotta love them hooters!!!!
Sorry, had to be done.

jawats

jawats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Definitely sounds like a vacuum leak. I'd look for cracked or disconnected vacuum lines and fittings; these will allow unmetered air into the engine, causing the shuddering due to a lean mixture.

Is there a diagram for those things running around?

--J.

jawats

jawats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Sorry, had to be done.

I knew SOMEONE would do that.

Big Al 1266

Big Al 1266

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car: 1999 mazda 626, 2.5 6 cyl., atx

Sorry, had to be done.

I knew SOMEONE would do that.

Sorry 'bout that bro., I couldnt resist, lol. Here is the link to the Vacume diagram . Admin has it pinned.
Good luck bro.!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users