• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

its_ray_ray

its_ray_ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Car: 99' LX 2.0 l4, Auto
I'm needing to replace the fuel pump in my 99 lx auto and was wondering if aanyone can give me some tips or a copy of the page for fuel pump instalation/removal from a manual for the car. i found a copy of a manual online that was suposed to be for it. but in the manual it says go under the backseat and i pushed the clips and to my surprise there is no panel. so i'm assuning i need to drop the tank after removing the three brackets? can anyone elaborate on this? or give tips or picctures would be amazing.

its_ray_ray

its_ray_ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Can anyone help?

its_ray_ray

its_ray_ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Anyone? lol

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,823 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX
Just use the search tool, this has been discussed many times. But yes, you must drop the fuel tank.

its_ray_ray

its_ray_ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I've been searching the forums quite a bit for help with this and went i came up dry i made this thread.

i found threads where ppl are asking if their fuel pump is bad but nothing saying how to replaccce or anything of the sort. i'm a avid user of forums like this and i know a new thread is bandwdth and bandwidth = money lol

97Mazda

97Mazda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Car: 1997 626ES 2.5L V6 ATX
See attached...remove in the order shown in the diagram!

Attached Files

its_ray_ray

its_ray_ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thank you so much! i searched everywhere.

its_ray_ray

its_ray_ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well i went to the srap yard and everything went great except for one bolt. lol. i unbolted the bracing for the tank. which pretty much releases the shielding. the one bolt inparticular that got me was on the passenger's side. it was like a 2-3 in. threading rod type bolt. a nut on each side. i found it pretty dificult to get both side seeing there is not much clearance from the bolt and the body of the car. after i got it off the tank was able to ccome straight down. the pump and sender was held in by about 6 screws. i'm having dificulty getting the 2 hoses and the connector from the pump.

anyone have any suggestions or know how to get them off?

its_ray_ray

its_ray_ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well i found out how to remove the hoses. all i am needing to do is use a small flathead sccrew driver to pussh up the little clamps on the line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users