• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SpatialTerror519

SpatialTerror519

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Car: 1993 mazda mx3 gs 2.5 manual
i know it can be done. i already have the motor. and rebuilt it. now i am in the process of finding a ecm. i have found some priced around 100 bucks used. now i just need all the wires. anyone know where i could get them?

MonoxideChild

MonoxideChild

Veteran

• 6,599 posts
  • Car: you name it, i own it...
ive literally done 3 KL swapped mx3's. so i can help you out. your actually best bet is to keep the mx3 ecu on the 2.5. the 1st motor swap i did, the owner actually dyno'd 3 different ecu's, using two different vaf's also. best combo he found was the original mx3 ecu, and vaf actually. wouldnt expect that but for some reason the tune on those seems to be the best.

woo7

woo7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Car: 1994 mazda 626 LX 2.0, manual
Are the VRIS valves timed the same on the 1.8?

SpatialTerror519

SpatialTerror519

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

ive literally done 3 KL swapped mx3's. so i can help you out. your actually best bet is to keep the mx3 ecu on the 2.5. the 1st motor swap i did, the owner actually dyno'd 3 different ecu's, using two different vaf's also. best combo he found was the original mx3 ecu, and vaf actually. wouldnt expect that but for some reason the tune on those seems to be the best.

well i can do that but the wireing harness on the motor of the 1.8 is slightley different. and there is no mazda 626s with the 2.5 even in a junk yard within 500 miles of me.

and another question. is this motor safe with a turbo. and if so what is a good psi to put it at

MonoxideChild

MonoxideChild

Veteran

• 6,599 posts
no reason to swap the harness at all. we have always used the stock K8 harness.

the motor is more then safe for boost. one guy on a totally stock internal motor, made 398whp. but it all comes down to the tuning.. a crap tune wont last long boosted.

SpatialTerror519

SpatialTerror519

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

the motor is more then safe for boost. one guy on a totally stock internal motor, made 398whp. but it all comes down to the tuning.. a crap tune wont last long boosted.

ok theres a pump of some kind on the back of the motor with copper insulated tubing running to it. the pully is broken. so i was wondering if i can just remove that. i think it has to do with the a/c but im not sure.

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,738 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX
That would be the power steering.

SpatialTerror519

SpatialTerror519

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

ok theres a pump of some kind on the back of the motor with copper insulated tubing running to it. the pully is broken. so i was wondering if i can just remove that. i think it has to do with the a/c but im not sure.

well could i just use the power stearing pump off the 1.8?

MonoxideChild

MonoxideChild

Veteran

• 6,599 posts
1.8 one should work. http://www.mazda626....tyle_emoticons/default/smile.gif

SpatialTerror519

SpatialTerror519

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks guys. im sure ill have mre questions

SpatialTerror519

SpatialTerror519

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok so i have my klze in and all hooked up. i am confused as fuck with all the vacume hoses. i cant figure out where the one vacume line that runs on the brake fluid tank by the firewall on the top of the motor drivers side. or the little vacume line from the thing for cruise controle by my power steering fluid. and when i turn they key. the starter turns the motor. it gets gas to the fuel rails. but no spark from the spark plugs. we tested the wires running to the distributor. there 2 plugs on it. and both of them only had one constant power.
please help im really confused. i have more stuff i havent figured out with vacume lines. and egr's and i want my car to run.
i can take pictures of what im having problems with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users