6 replies to this topic

ccrady

ccrady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Car: 2000 mazda 626 2.5L auto
2000 Mazda 626, 2.5l, Automatic trans.

I am trying to remove the half shaft and intermediate shaft together. Everything is loose and the intermediate shaft is almost out. The problem is that the intermediate shaft bracket is hitting a bracket for (what looks like) a pump. This is stopping it from coming all the way out. Any ideas???

Thanks ... Craig

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,740 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX
Never had that problem....the bracket is on a bearing, so you should just be able to rotate it out of the way.

ccrady

ccrady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Car: 2000 mazda 626 2.5L auto
There were lines in the way. I did finally get it.

Now, however, I am having trouble getting the half shaft on the intermediate shaft (over the circlip). Is there a trick to this?

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,740 posts

There were lines in the way. I did finally get it.

Now, however, I am having trouble getting the half shaft on the intermediate shaft (over the circlip). Is there a trick to this?

Sledge hammer (no joke).

woo7

woo7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Car: 1994 mazda 626 LX 2.0, manual
^ Just to clarify, do that with the half-shaft already installed and bolted to the block.

Winter Beater

Winter Beater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Car: 98 626LX V6
Hopefully not too late, but I had a helper tap using a 3lb mallet while I held the CV straight from under the car. Very important: protect the end of the shaft by installing the OLD nut, then use the hammer/mallet on the nut, not the shaft itself. Also they say to lubricate the new c-clip and have the opening facing up (I think) when installing.

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,740 posts
I smacked mine together while I had it clamped in a vice...and with the old nut on the end of the axle as someone mentioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users