• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

iMax

iMax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car: 1994 Mazda 626 V6 ES Auto
I bought a 1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 back in feb and as of two days ago the transmission has been acting fairly weird. When the car goes from second gear to third the RPM's shoot up high and it takes a while for it to shift into third, last time it was coasting at 2.5-3k rpm in second and before it went to third the RPMs shot up to 5.5k before it would shift and then it seemed to rock the car as it did it. After that, Normal shifting for the other gears seem to start to do the same thing, only after it has shifted to third, with the exception of reverse. In short, I'm not getting any power to the drivetrain for a few seconds after shifting from second to third, and when I have shifted to third, I start to have problems with going from first to second sometimes as well

I have a fear that my transmission is going out because i checked the fluid levels and they were fine, however the color of the fluid was a dark red but it didn't smell burnt. I had the filter replaced a few months ago for a different issue and since then the car has been acting just fine. It has 144k miles on it. I'm waiting for some extra money to come in to actually have it checked out but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions

Thanks!

97Mazda

97Mazda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Car: 1997 626ES 2.5L V6 ATX
Sounds like it might be an issue with either the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) or the Input/Turbine Speed Sensor. Start by checking the wiring harnesses and connections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users