• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

My626isTrouble

My626isTrouble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car: 1998 626 V6 Auto
I have 1998 626 V6. I got code P0340 which means the camshaft sensor might need to be replaced. I already checked the alternative possibilities (Crankshaft, wiring..etc) and they seem fine. I checked the resistance of my camshaft sensor and compared it to that of a working one, my sensor seems to be an open circuit!
Anyway, my question is this "How am I supposed to replace it". I don't want to take it to a mechanic, because they asked for $1000 ! I have the piece, and the tools, I just need some extra information so I don't ruin my vehicle.
Thanks guys !

blackshine007

blackshine007

Mazda 626.net

• 3,162 posts
  • Car: 1994 626 LX KLZE
When you take the timing belt off, take the rear camshaft sprocket off too and it's right there

My626isTrouble

My626isTrouble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car: 1998 626 V6 Auto
K, let me get this straight .. I've been doing some research and it seems that I need to remove
-P/S Oil pump
-driving belt and pulley
-Timing belt
-Timing pulley

Does that sound about right ? cuz if that's the case , then it seems like a week's project !

brian24

brian24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Car: 95, 626, mazda
I think it will be more appropriate for you to search car parts online. That is what I did when I needed to replace my camshaft sensor. Anyways, I ordered online and had my dad fixed the problem. Better find a good mechanic or befriend a mechanic as well. :)

Crum

Crum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car: 1999 Automatic 626 V6 2.5L

I have 1998 626 V6. I got code P0340 which means the camshaft sensor might need to be replaced. I already checked the alternative possibilities (Crankshaft, wiring..etc) and they seem fine. I checked the resistance of my camshaft sensor and compared it to that of a working one, my sensor seems to be an open circuit!
Anyway, my question is this "How am I supposed to replace it". I don't want to take it to a mechanic, because they asked for $1000 ! I have the piece, and the tools, I just need some extra information so I don't ruin my vehicle.
Thanks guys !

Got the same code and have been searching all week for a wiring diagram. I used Alldata and found one, but the wiring diagram didn't have a legend and wasn't colored.

97Mazda

97Mazda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts
  • Car: 1997 626ES 2.5L V6 ATX

I think it will be more appropriate for you to search car parts online. That is what I did when I needed to replace my camshaft sensor. Anyways, I ordered online and had my dad fixed the problem. Better find a good mechanic or befriend a mechanic as well. :)

I'm sure he has it fixed...after all, it WAS 3 YEARS AGO!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users