Keyless Entry Transmitter Dead?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

NDM

NDM

• Admin
  • 2,464 posts
  • Car: Mazda 626 V6 2.5L 1999
I have a 99 ES V6. My old remotes aged and broke(I think they got thrown out or something). I have a new remote, that I have tried to program numerous times to no avail. I got it from the dealership, they tried to program it aswell. I was wondering if its a possibility that the battery in the transmitter died? What kind of battery is it? And how can I access the transmitter? Is it possible I just have the wrong remote?

The remote I have is a GD7D -675DY
FCC ID: NHVWB1U215

Looks like somone had a similar issue here: http://www.mazda626....i...8&hl=FCC ID

but no solution?

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,801 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX

I have a 99 ES V6. My old remotes aged and broke(I think they got thrown out or something). I have a new remote, that I have tried to program numerous times to no avail. I got it from the dealership, they tried to program it aswell. I was wondering if its a possibility that the battery in the transmitter died? What kind of battery is it? And how can I access the transmitter? Is it possible I just have the wrong remote?

The remote I have is a GD7D -675DY

Looks like somone had a similar issue here: http://www.mazda626....i...8&hl=FCC ID

but no solution?

Go back to the stealership and have them order you the correct remote. They should be able to do this by VIN.

Yes, the batteries can die, but they usually last for years of use.

NDM

NDM

• Admin
  • 2,464 posts
was I supposed to get a "FCC : CWTWB1U411" ?

NDM

NDM

• Admin
  • 2,464 posts
I got the FCC : CWTWB1U411 remote, it dosen't work either. Anyone know how to access the transmitter? + What kind of batteries it takes if any? Dead Transmitter?

Scottwax

Scottwax

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Car: 1999 Mazda 626 ES-V6/automatic
If the stealership didn't set it up right, take it back and make them do it right. New battery or whatever it takes, that is their full responsibility to make it work.

drboeing

drboeing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Car: 1996 626es 2.5v6 automatic
Batteries are common, available at most stores.Use a small screw driver and open your transmitter, thee should be a small slot at the far end.

Here is the programming sequence

Remove key from ignition.

Close all doors.

Open driver side door and leave open.

Perform the following steps within 24 seconds.
a. Insert key in ignition.
b. Turn key to ON and OFF.
c. Repeat step b two more times.
d. Remove key.
e. Push driver door frame button three times (black rubber button located on driver door frame that tell the vehicle whether or not door is closed.)

Buzz sound, chime or doors will lock and unlock should be heard at this point signaling that the vehicle is now in programming mode. If not, wait 40 seconds and return to step 4.

All transmitters need to be programmed at this time, including the old ones. Push any button on the transmitter two times. A buzz sound, chime or doors locking and unlocking should be heard at this point signaling that the vehicle has accepted the new transmitter code. If there is only one transmitter, repeat this step two more times using the only transmitter. If there are two transmitters, repeat this step two more times using the second transmitter.

Push driver door frame button one time. Two buzz sounds, chimes or doors locking and unlocking 2 times should be heard at this point signaling successful programming.

audiqv8

audiqv8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Car: 1999 626es 2.5L V6 auto, 1990 Miata 1.6L Manual
I have the same car, 1999 V6 ES. I got three new remote off ebayyyy and they all work.

The correct remote for a US or Canadian model is

GD7D -675DY

Battery replacement is 2032

NDM

NDM

• Admin
  • 2,464 posts
Wow I totally forgot about all this. Haha, well I still haven't gotten around to fixing it, its on my winter to do list. But I think the receiver inside the car is dead, I do not hear any chimeing, the doors don't lock then unlock, or anything. I'm doing the procedure right, but the receiver must be dead. I have 3 sets of remotes, and I have tried them all. Anyone know what the replacement unit is called and how much they are?

NDM

NDM

• Admin
  • 2,464 posts

Wow I totally forgot about all this. Haha, well I still haven't gotten around to fixing it, its on my winter to do list. But I think the receiver inside the car is dead, I do not hear any chimeing, the doors don't lock then unlock, or anything. I'm doing the procedure right, but the receiver must be dead. I have 3 sets of remotes, and I have tried them all. Anyone know what the replacement unit is called and how much they are?

I just thought of something last night, is their one fuse that controls keyless entry? Could it be a blown fuse somewhere?

Vetal

Vetal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car: 1998 Mazda 626 V6 LX auto

hi drboeing

I follow your instructions: turn key three times, press the door button three times i hear a sound, then push any button six times on one remote,
then I push the door button one time and I hear a sound and after that remote does not work
do you have idea whats wrong???

justfeelsright

justfeelsright

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Car: 1999 626 V6-LX Automatic
Have you ever been able to use the keyless remote with your car? If your old remote worked and your new one doesn't, it seems like you either have the wrong remote or you're doing something wrong when reprogramming it. If you've never been able to use the keyless remote before, you should check to see that the little black box hasn't been removed from your car. It's behind the back seat under the panel that the rear speakers are attached to. Just fold down your back seats and crawl under there to see if it's still there, and if it's hooked up properly. It's possible that a previous owner may have removed or disconnected it in case he/she lost the remote and didn't want someone finding it and getting into the car.

celicaeater626

celicaeater626

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Car: 2000,626,2.5,manual

Have you ever been able to use the keyless remote with your car? If your old remote worked and your new one doesn't, it seems like you either have the wrong remote or you're doing something wrong when reprogramming it. If you've never been able to use the keyless remote before, you should check to see that the little black box hasn't been removed from your car. It's behind the back seat under the panel that the rear speakers are attached to. Just fold down your back seats and crawl under there to see if it's still there, and if it's hooked up properly. It's possible that a previous owner may have removed or disconnected it in case he/she lost the remote and didn't want someone finding it and getting into the car.

If I remember right it was you NDM that put in the rear strut bar right??? when I was cutting the holes to mine I unhooked the black box just to make sure I didnt grind it to shreds accidently. Maybe this is the case and you just forgot to hook it back up? I thought it was for the seat belt alarm but if she is right then that might be just a silly overlook.

justfeelsright

justfeelsright

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Car: 1999 626 V6-LX Automatic

hi drboeing

I follow your instructions: turn key three times, press the door button three times i hear a sound, then push any button six times on one remote,
then I push the door button one time and I hear a sound and after that remote does not work

I just now realized how old the original thread is! NDM probably fixed his problem ages ago. It was Vetal who brought it to the top with his question to drboeing.

Vetal, I'd suggest that you make sure you have the correct remote, make sure the black box is installed correctly, and be sure you're following the reprogramming directions exactly. If you deviate from the directions, it won't work.

Vetal

Vetal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car: 1998 Mazda 626 V6 LX auto

hi drboeing

I just now realized how old the original thread is! NDM probably fixed his problem ages ago. It was Vetal who brought it to the top with his question to drboeing.

Vetal, I'd suggest that you make sure you have the correct remote, make sure the black box is installed correctly, and be sure you're following the reprogramming directions exactly. If you deviate from the directions, it won't work.

i was able to do program the remote by closing and opening my door 3 times instead of pressing the button, cause that didn't work
thanks yall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users