• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ks2

Ks2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Car: 98 mazda 626 lx 2.0l 4 banger, kinda sad
ok to make a logn story short a friend went to close my moon roof and pulled down on the toggle, the toggle broke off and fell off he didnt use much force i watched him do it it had alot of play before that

trouble is i cant seem to get the window back down i tried using a smalls crewdriver to get the toggle to move the window back down but got nothing

i couldnt get the cover off to get to the wiring is there any way to sort of hot wire the wiring to get the window back down and how much would it cost to replace?

Trebuchet03

Trebuchet03

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts
  • Car: Sorry Guys... I've gone German (2.0 Jetta)
There is a way to "hot wire" it -- that's how the one touch open mod is done... but, I'm not sure how to do it... I **think** the wires are marked on the back.

Ks2

Ks2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
hmm once i get tiem today im going to sift thru the digrams in the chiltons manual and see if there si anything there, otherwise im going to try getting at the wires up in there and trying to hotwire it closed ((once its closed i'll be ok and canfix it later))

snailman153624

snailman153624

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 15,732 posts
  • Car: '03 P5 MTX
I've got a sunroof switch panel laying around I'd sell for relatively cheap, I've got no use for it. :ohmy:

But, to "hotwire" it closed, just use the wiring diagrams to see which wires are switched by the close switch, and jumper them.

Ks2

Ks2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
ok here is wha i was able to do they haynes manual was at best, comepltly useless so what i did was tried to find the motor i had no clue where it was ((other then in the headboard)) i removed everythign off the frint headpanel, ((the handles over the door, the rubber trim above the door and the plastic side panels going from the dash up and the small sun visor things with the mirror in them, i forgot the name))

anyway one that is off you can pull down on the headboard enough to get at the bracket holding the control mechanism for the moon roof in palce 2 8mm bolts hold that on and once ya unbolt them you can slide the conrtoller off

to close the moon roof if it is stuck open you can get a hex ((i think it is hex, it is sort of star shaped)) and turn the motor manually

i hope that helps somebody since it isnt very well covered ((of course saying that i will find someones guide on the topic))

also snailman once i get some extra cash i definatly need the conrtoller button ((the tilt and slide button)) and the plasitc thing it connects to hopefully the motor is ok it should be though. these are defiantly custom order parts around here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users