• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

rcombes

rcombes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Car: 1989 Mazda 626 Turbo Manual
Hi i have been lookin at the zombie chip.
here http://www.injecttech.com/
Does anyone here have one they can give me some feedback on?
I am thinkin about getting one, but i just want to know if they are worth it?

zomiepapa

zomiepapa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Car: 1988, 626, 2.2L Turbo, Auto
Hey man

Seriously this is like the first upgrade you should do. You remap your fuel and u can boost over 12PSi. You'll notice a little difference up top but overall u won't notice it too much. You should have this becasue it is like a stepping stone more boost and is a safe and good way to ensure the engine is running properly when you put on upgrades and when/if you go into higher boost. I think it only costs like 70$ and is very easy to install. Mine only took me like 10 minutes. If you don't know where the ECu is, it behind the stero you'l see it in a square like box. If your decent with sodering then you shouldn't have a problem. If not bring it to a VCR shop and they should do it for cheap. Trust me you won't regret it. Everyone on here, at MX6 and Probetalk has good things to say about it, and everyone runs it, so you won't be diapointed.

David96

David96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car: Mazda, 626gt, 2.2LTurbo, automatic
This zombie chip, if I have an auto tranny, does it worth it ??

zomiepapa

zomiepapa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Car: 1988, 626, 2.2L Turbo, Auto
Yes it is . Like i explained it will open up alot things for you. 5-speed or Auto it will help out alot for the future and know.

Chad

Nikon

Nikon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Car: 1991 mazda 626 DX manual
be sure to check your compression first, turning up the boost on a motor that is weak is not gonna do you any good. More boost is gonna put stress on your engine so be ready for some repairs that will pop up if its in bad condition.

Hellstar 626

Hellstar 626

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Car: 1989 ford telstar 2.2L ghia (Mazda 626) GO THE MANUAL

Hey man

Seriously this is like the first upgrade you should do.

Should be the last thing you do you'll get better results if they tune it to your mods (exhaust, intake etc...)

Sphinxmunkey

Sphinxmunkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Car: 1989 Ford Probe GT
You can also get the probinator chip which is basically the same thing with a little less timing advance in the lower rpm and little less fuel.

Runs 35 shipped

GREEKpoker16

GREEKpoker16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Car: Not Worth Mentioning.. Ford Aerostar Mini Van
okay, so ive been making a mod list with prices.. and well now im getting confused, so do the zombie chip and the probinator chip do the same thing? i was originally going to get the probinator, because its cheap and if i wasnt all about being cheap then i would have bought an EVO or some DSM. anyways so yeah whats the difference between the two or just give me an explanation of what they do other than allow the engine to run more than 12psi? I was planning on doing this first or second.. I think a boost gauge is my first then a chip or BOV.. one or the other or both. anyways point is, should i add the chip in early or wait till i have most of my other shit done? Here ill just give you the list order of the mods i plan on doing over a short run.. Upgrades for 626

- boost gauge
- boost controller
- BOV (turboxs H-rfl)
- probinator chip
- Air Filter
- Short Shifter (not sure about this now because of a previous thread about it messing up the linkage)
- Exhaust
- car alarm
- Rims & Tires

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users