• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

sixseriescsi

sixseriescsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Car: 2000, 626, 2.0, Automatic
I had the codes on my 2000, Inline 4, Automatic, Mazda 626 checked two came up.

Anyone in here replaced the speed sensor? I need to replace it, Where is it located, inside or outside the Transmission? Where can purchase the speed sensor? Also I have a really rough idle, I mean rough, could the speed sensor be causing this? The other code was for a possible bad CAT Convertor, which of the two is cauing the rough idle, I figure the speed sensor has to do with the shifting characteristics, but what about the rough idle? Anyone here ever had an idle problem?

sixseriescsi

sixseriescsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
The Two Codes are: DTC P0420 (Catalytic Convertor)
P0715 (TSS Sensor)

sixseriescsi

sixseriescsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Anyone out there know where I can find some more information on this speed sensor issue? Any thoughts?

JonJ

JonJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Car: 97 626DX 2.0 5speed
When was the last time you did a tune-up on the car? My 97 was running and idling rough, and I replaced plugs, wires, rotor, and dist. cap, and it fixed the problem tremendously.
-Jon

JonJ

JonJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
According to my program, it's on top of the transaxle. Here is a diagram. It quotes: Measure resistance between both terminals. It should come out to 253-604 ohms. If not, replace it. Good luck...
-Jon
Posted Image

twiggy144

twiggy144

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Car: 626 1997 LX V6 auto
JonJ, for what year and engine is your diagram for ? I also need to ckeck my P0715 input turbine speed sensor om ny 1997 V6 auto.

JonJ

JonJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
What model Tranny?
-Jon

JonJ

JonJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Twiggy-
I figured it out. V6's have the G4. Here is the diagram for yours. Same ohms as listed above... I just notced this is for the F4. The G4 is supposedly similar...
-Jon
Posted Image

twiggy144

twiggy144

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Thanks Jon !

JonJ

JonJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
YW! Let me know how it works for you... I'm anxious to see how accurate this OnDemand5 Software is..
-Jon

sixseriescsi

sixseriescsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
The Trans Axle? Can somepone pinpoint that out for me? I belive I found it, it rests on top Transmission, by the vertical oil pan. -_-

twiggy144

twiggy144

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Update

In reference to JonJ picture above, here is my update. ( I know this is a 2.0l topic, but anyways...)

On my 1997 V6, I removed the air filter box, the battery and the battery tray to try accessing the turbine speed sensor. Only then, I visually located the sensor: it is in between the fuel filter and the engine/transmission mount. It can be visually seen from above, when the air filter box is removed. I was able to remove the sensor from there. No need to remove the battery and tray. I also unbolted and moved aside ( 2 small nuts) the cruise control unit for better access. I tested the TSS ( turbine speed sensor). The specs calls for 355 ohm impedance at 20 deg celsius. I measured 354 ohms: right on the nose!

I cleaned the contacts, and reinstalled the TSS. Dont know why the CEL was tripped with code P0715. Hope it will not come back.

Trebuchet03

Trebuchet03

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts
  • Car: Sorry Guys... I've gone German (2.0 Jetta)

The Trans Axle? Can somepone pinpoint that out for me?

Transaxle is just a term to describe a transmission that contains both the transmission and differential components etc. all in one case ;) This is common in Front engine - front drive or Rear Engine - Rear Drive applications... Its nice for the mfr because they put together the engine/clutch or TC/transaxle and then drop it into the car and slide in the halfshafts (no need to fuss with a diff and shaft). BUT, the term is used loosely - so if used improperly... no one really cares :P

http://www.google.co...:en-US:official

Just for anyone still curious :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users