• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,529 posts
  • Car: 1988 626 GT ----- 1995 MX-6 LS
Can anyone tell me what each connector or pin is? I guess someone would have to make a little graphic to display it properly.

The person who owned the car before me had an aftermarket system in their car and they must have cut the OEM wire harness. They put the connectors back, and the BOSE head unit worked, but the wire colors do not match. Like pink and brown. I dont see those anywhere on the wire diagram. So if anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

adrian626pl

adrian626pl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Car: 1996,626,2.0,manual
i think the pink and brown are speakers wires ine the bose check if all ur speakers work

good way to check your speaker wires to which speaker they go to is to take a double A battery and put one cable on the positive side of the battery and other cable on the negative side of the battery which ever speaker makes a sound thats the speaker cable for that speaker

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,529 posts
I guess I could try that. I've read a few things that say that won't work if your car came stock with the bose system. I have the headunit hooked up and going through something very similar to that XR4 (w/e Best Buy sells you). It powers on, plays CDs, just no sound yet. I have adjusted the screws in the little box that besy buy sold me and still, no sound. Would the AA battery method still work even if its going through the factory amp?

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,529 posts
Im pretty sure I know what wires are the speakers, power, illumination, accessory, etc. It seems to me though that the factory bose amp just isn't kicking in or something like that. Help? lol...

Thanks in advance...

Also, on all of the diagrams I have looked at show less wires then what I have. I have 14 wires going into the connectors. Im about to make a graphic of what I know and not know if no one can help soon.

*UPDATE*
I hooked up the Bose headunit as a stand alone with one speaker. I cranked it up and it was not loud, but I guess what you would listen to in a quiet room. I then hooked up the JVC unit with the "block" (Universal Premium System Interface and Controller (wannabe XR4)) and it wasnt nearly loud enough with everything cranked up. I know the wires are connected correctly inside the vehicle itself. My dad and I figured it all out. We have 13 compared to the 14 coming from the car which doesn't concern me that much, although I would still like to know what that one wire is. It seems to me like the Bose factory amp just isn't kicking on. Ive hooked up a speaker right behind the harness into the car and it played, very softly, but sound was being pushed through.

Any assistance would still be appreciated...

SmoothDesignz

SmoothDesignz

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 577 posts
  • Car: 1995 Mazda 626 LX 2.0 Manny
If you can hook a speaker up directly to the radio and get normal sound, but can't get the sound to come through the system, it sounds like you may need to find the remote turn on wire for the BOSE amp. I would actually suggest doing an amp bypass and changing out the BOSE speakers, but that's just me. I don't remember right of the color of the amp turn on wire, and unfortunately I can't access the wire diagrams we have at work (damn intranet). I can look it up while I'm there tomorrow and get that to you ASAP. B)

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,529 posts
Thanks, I appreciate it. No one has been able to tell me about a remote turn on wire or anything like that.

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,529 posts
Well, went to Best Buy when the opened. They said they weren't taking anymore cars today. So, I complained and talked to the guy that sold me the little box. He came out to my car and told me I have to hook up the blue power attena/remote amplifier. I said okay had the time, but Im pretty sure I already did that. Only thing that accomplished was that the attena went up. I just need someone to verify that on the 626 with the bose system that the blue cable coming from the car is the remote power for the amp.

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,529 posts
Well, I figured it out. I hope. I posted my findings in the wire diagram topic.

Steve1984

Steve1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car: 2000, 626, V6, Manual
Same problem... i took out the old bose head unit and like a jack ass cut into the oem harness...... i have all the speakers wired up correctly (i think) and the new kenwood turns on but no sound... i head theres a fuse byupass u have to switch or somthing like that...... can any1 help me out?

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,529 posts
On my 626, the remote amp wire was a brown color. If you want to do it the right way, re-wire the car speakers and get new amps. Get rid of all that stupid Bose bs :biggrin:

armitage626

armitage626

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Car: 1995, 626, 2.5 V6, Auto
lol you could always just call a friend and get them to do it for you...thats what I did cuz I fried my first headunit tryin to put it in the car.

Steve1984

Steve1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car: 2000, 626, V6, Manual
i just want the head unit to work its been like a week with no music or anything... ill wory about replacing the speakers and amp when i get the chance, and whats up with that huge ground wire... its a female spade connector... can i just cut the wire?

XeNoMoRpH

XeNoMoRpH

Mazda 626.net

• Admin
  • 5,529 posts
I believe what I did was cut off the spade connector and connect my ground from the head unit to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users