nomadix

nomadix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Car: 1997 626 4 cyl cd4E
hello y'all

New to the board

i am trying to drop my old transmission- any words of wisdom - I am at the point where I believe I must drop the last engine mount and lower the engine to get the trans out

Any words of wisdom would be great

Please and thanx in advance

Peace:

vlad

vlad

• Premium Member
  • 4,669 posts
  • Car: 93 Mazda 626 KL-ZE MTX RIP
Can't you unbolt the clutch from the flywheel through the little wholes in the tranny at the bottom? This way, you leave the clutch on the tranny's spline and simply drop the tranny down.

nomadix

nomadix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
sorry - I should have been more specific:

i am dropping a cd4E auto out and there does not seem to be enough room to either get past the engine mount ( rear ) - pulled the pin bolt yet cannot get the mounting bracket out or past it

and on the drivers side there seems to be little room on the drivers side front suspension wall

hence why I am wondering if I need to drop the engine out more - release all the engine mounts

Please and thanks

Peace;

vlad

vlad

• Premium Member
  • 4,669 posts
  • Car: 93 Mazda 626 KL-ZE MTX RIP
Oh, you're going about it a little the wrong way. There's no way you'll ever pull the transmission out with the torque converter still attached to the flywheel, unless you pull the whole engine out. There's definetly not enough room to slide the torque converter out of the transmisson spline while everything is in the engine bay. Therefore, you have to unbolt the torque converter from the flywheel and take the tranny out with the torque converter still on tlhe splines, there are four bolts holding the converter to the flywheel. You can get to these bolts through the starter hole, or some models have holes at the bottom of the transmission where you can get to them; I'm pretty sure in all I4 models you have to get to them through the starter hole.

nomadix

nomadix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks vlad

that is what i am looking for - I was fretting thinking I was going to have to drop the last moteur mount

So I will get the grubbies back on and see about getting those torque converter bolts out

Thanks again -

peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users