• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

black93cronos

black93cronos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Car: 1993 Mazda 626 Cronos LX
Does anybody know what I'd have to do to replace the alternator belt? i see the crankshaft pulley is in the way so what do i have to remove all in all? thanks in advance.

vlad

vlad

• Premium Member
  • 4,669 posts
  • Car: 93 Mazda 626 KL-ZE MTX RIP
The alternator belt has a tensioner pulley. You have to loosen the tensioner pulley first and then untighten the belt using the adjustment screw.

black93cronos

black93cronos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
but you know how it is connected to 2 pulleys. and a one of the pulley has one right beside it. how do i get past that? i am trying to replace a worn out belt. i replaced the alternator today but noticed the belt was worn out.

vlad

vlad

• Premium Member
  • 4,669 posts
Wouldn't you have already loosened the alternator belt if you replaced the alternator?

black93cronos

black93cronos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
yes i have. but how do i remove the belt? like i mentioned earlier. the attached to a pulley closer to the motor but has a pulley right beside it.

Naz88

Naz88

• Premium Member
  • 1,154 posts
  • Car: 1999, 626, I4, 5sp
I had to take off both the belts (P/S, A/C) to get alternator belt off, lift the front of the car up and remove the splash guard under the wheel well on the same side as the pullys for better access to the pullys on the bottom.

Heres what I did, loosen lock bolt on P/S pump (The bolt on the adjuster), then the pivot bolt under P/S pump then use adjuster to loosen the pump and remove the p/s belt then basically do the same for the alternator belt but replace word p/s pump with alternator.

vlad

vlad

• Premium Member
  • 4,669 posts

yes i have. but how do i remove the belt? like i mentioned earlier. the attached to a pulley closer to the motor but has a pulley right beside it.

Oh ok, I was thinking of the V6 where the belts are the other way around. Anyway, like Naz said, you'll have so remove the other belt first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users