• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DSB

DSB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Car: 99 Mazda 626 LX V6
Where can I get detailed information on how to change the fuel filter on a 99 626 LX V6? I know where it is but am not confortable on how to get to it and change it. Also, any good information on changing the front and rear brakes?

NickR

NickR

• Premium Member
  • 3,428 posts
  • Car: 2000 LX V6 mtx
Welcome to the board!

Here's the information on how to change brake pads and rotors:
http://www.mazda626....=ST&f=28&t=6041

There's really not much to changing the fuel filter. The only problem is that it's really awkward to get your hands in there, and we can't help you much with that!

Some people relieve the fuel pressure first, but I don't bother -- just hold a rag underneath and don't smoke. It helps to unbolt the big cruise control unit and move it to one side; that gives you more space to work. Other than that, use pliers to squeeze the clips holding the rubber fuel lines onto the filter, then pull off the lines, then unbolt the clamp holding the filter in place, then remove filter. Installing the new filter is just the reverse.

EDIT: Click on this thread also:
http://www.mazda626....&f=3&t=9660&hl=

Oh, and remove the airbox too, so you can get at it!

senatorfrisky

senatorfrisky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Car: balls out 93 626
ummm keep a little handful of random screws, and when you take the hoses off put a little screw in the end to stop the gas from continually leaking..

before you do anything else!!! before you even start!!!! disconnect the negative batterry cable !!!!

electricity an gasoline (and air) are a horrible cocktail

NickR

NickR

• Premium Member
  • 3,428 posts

before you do anything else!!! before you even start!!!! disconnect the negative batterry cable !!!!

Yep! Well remembered! B)

etc

etc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I just did that, and you have to get to it from above as well from below.

NickR

NickR

• Premium Member
  • 3,428 posts
Hmm. I did mine all from above. I'm not saying it's necessarily the quickest way, but it is possible (if you move the cruise control to one side, at least). I hate working at things from below, if I can help it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users