• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

texan

texan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Car: 1998 626 I4 5sp
What are the correct low (and most importantly) high end readings for the AC system on the 1998 626?

texan

Chthonian

Chthonian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,202 posts
  • Car: 2000 Civic EX
I'm pretty sure it says in the Hayne's repair manual.. head out and grab one of them

blackshine007

blackshine007

Mazda 626.net

• 3,159 posts
  • Car: 1994 626 LX KLZE
Most cars, the lowest on the low side is about 40psi, the highest is about 70 or 80 psi, all depends on the area while on the high side can be from anywhere from 170psi to 220 psi (once again, it depends on where you stay and how far you are above sea level)

texan

texan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thanks, guys... Tha Haynes manual is in transit. If I don't get it by this weekend I'll just wing it.

texan

texan

texan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Looked under the hood today, and couldn't locate the high end (discharge) service port of the AC. Where the heck is it? There is on on the accumulator/dryer, but Haynes labels it as low pressure (suction) service port. So which one is it?

blackshine007

blackshine007

Mazda 626.net

• 3,159 posts
Up under those plastic things that surround the hood latch, I have a good picture of it on page 2 of my cardomain page, check it out by clicking on the bottom where is says "check out da 6..."

texan

texan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Up under those plastic things that surround the hood latch, I have a good picture of it on page 2 of my cardomain page, check it out by clicking on the bottom where is says "check out da 6..."

Got it! That is the high end port, right? The low end is on the passenger side fender, correct?

I'm beginning to appriciate the simplicity of this car's design....

texan

blackshine007

blackshine007

Mazda 626.net

• 3,159 posts
I forget, I'll have to tell you next time I'm under the hood

mazdaguy

mazdaguy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
High side pipes are always smallest in diameter. Suction side pipes are much bigger in diameter.

texan

texan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Took a long look under the hood today as I was trying to release the f***ing nut on the "adjustment rail" for the power steering pump. As to the nut...see next topic. As to AC, well, mine seems to have the suction port on the passenger side fender, while the discharge port is located on the dryer unit. This is where I seem to disagree with Haynes. I think to resolve this I'll just hook up the two gauge manifold. I think the R-134 ports are purposefully not compatible with each other....

texan

mm94

mm94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car: 1996, 626, 2.0L, Auto
I have the same haynes manual - generally speaking it is a very poor manual. You cannot be 100% sure about what it is telling you. Does not get specific enough for each model year. The information may be correct for one year, but incorrect for another. The manual does a poor job at making that distinction. OK to use for reference, but do not assume it is 100% correct.
That has always been my experience with any Haynes manual. I guess that is why they are so cheap?
Just my $.02

I just charged my 96, 2.0L, 626 with R134-a. I live in Phoenix where the temps have been over 110 degrees lately. Air is ice cold. At 100 degrees outside air temp, I have 60 PSI on the low side and 215 psi on the high.

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users